“Big food, small restaurant”
Review of Meat Press

Meat Press
Ranked #283 of 3,253 Restaurants in Ottawa
Reviewed January 27, 2019

We had a great lunch at Meat Press: fried chicken bowl and a rib sandwich. Absolutely delicious and the only criticism is that we weren't greeted when we came in (but it was super busy) and the seating and service weren't explained clearly. We will still go back and would recommend it.

Date of visit: January 2019

Reviewed January 4, 2019

My family and I are on vacation in Ottawa and this was our first stop in town after a long road trip. We were impressed by the clean, charming interior as well as the super friendly staff. We tried a variety of sandwiches and they were all fantastic, (side note the fries are very very good as well). Great value also, each sandwich was packed with meat for reasonable prices and we could definitely tell the sandwich bread was homemade. I would recommend this restaurant to all!

Date of visit: January 2019
Reviewed December 12, 2018

The sandwiches are not only interesting and unique they are superb. I had the duck and it was divine, the meat press fries have more calories than you can count but they are sooo yummy

Date of visit: December 2018
Reviewed September 18, 2018

It's a quaint restaurant that is very good at its speciality of meat. I went to dinner there on a Friday with my friend, and we tried various dishes such as the Charcuterie & Beef Board, as well as the duck. Everything was cooked to perfection and I had no complaints.

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed July 29, 2018

We went there on Saturday specifically as they offer brisket. I had the brisket sandwich and my partner had the cubano. Both were amazing and the good sized portions filled us up even without ordering a side. While the meat was definitely the star the bun was also really good. Definitely want to return to try their other options and their dinners.

Date of visit: July 2018