“The Service wasn't so good”
Review of Highlander Pub

Highlander Pub
Ranked #127 of 2,960 Restaurants in Ottawa
Cuisines: Scottish, Pub
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed February 21, 2013

The food at highlander pub is always good but the service lacks sometimes. Some of the waitresses are snobby and don't apologize for mistakes...

Ben J, General Manager at Highlander Pub, responded to this reviewResponded February 24, 2013

I'm sorry to hear that you had lackluster service at The Highlander. Obviously your experience did not meet the standards that we strive to achieve regularly. We appreciate your comments and will make sure that any future experience at The Highlander is fantastic. Again, our apologies for your unsatisfactory service.

Please call me or any of our management team to discuss your experience in further detail if you wish at 613-562-5678.

Benjamin Johnson,
The Highlander Pub

Reviewed February 20, 2013

We headed down to Ottawa for my husband's birthday weekend with the intention of stopping in at the Highlander Pub. My husband is a scotch lover and this pub was reputed to have over 200 scotch variations. I had heard good reviews and thought that we would give it a try. We had the best restaurant experience that I've ever had. The service was phenomenal. Our waitress was attentive and made great meal suggestions. She recommended scotch combinations and was flexible as to when it would be delivered over the course of the meal. She continuously checked in with us to ensure our satisfaction. The meal itself was fantastic. We had duck drumsticks, sweet potato fries and we both had the pork flank in maple sauce over potatoes and wild mushrooms. The pork could be eaten without a knife and literally melted in your mouth. The duck drumsticks were savory and flavourful. The portion sizes were quite large and we simply didn't have room for dessert but I'm sure it would have been just as phenomenal as the rest of our meal. The one negative thing I have to say is that it was quite noisy and not very spacious but with its reputation could you blame all those people for wanting to be there and eat there? I can't. We will absolutely be returning there on our next visit.

1  Thank Amanda1998
Reviewed February 6, 2013

Here on a CUPE convention had lunch there on Tue. Feb 5 service and food top notch will be back later this week ttttttto try the different beers they have on tape

Reviewed February 6, 2013

Visited in January and it was used as it was close to the hotel. I really appreciated the friendliness of the staff, great basic food and good beer. I was in Ottawa fror a week and visited the Highlander 3 times as it was very cold, the pub was handy and I really enjoyed the place.

Reviewed February 3, 2013

We visited the Highlander pub during winterlude of 2013. Appitizers we split the tortilla pipes; they had just the right amount of zip o warm our insides for the cool winter day. Main dishes consisted of an apple & brie burger which sounds a little odd but was surprisingly delicious and cooked to perfection. The bangers & mash (seems pretty bland but is not at all) has a very nice sweet chutney on the masshed potatoes for a tangy sweetness that makes you scratch the plate looking for more. The Scottish Canadian burger was again cooked to perfection and needed to be cut in half to control the size to be devourable (which is what happened). After the first bite you just didn't stop till you licked your fingers after the last bite.
The sevice was excellent; friendly, polite, quick to serve, knowledgeable about the menu and quick to give suggestions when asked.
Highly recommended and we'll definitely return again.

1  Thank pdamac