“Night out with my Wife”

La Favorita
Ranked #230 of 2,738 Restaurants in Ottawa
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Delivery, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“Night out with my Wife”
Reviewed July 2, 2014

We were looking for a nice quiet little place for dinner out. Came across this nice Italian restaurant in Little Italy. Everything was just right. We expressed our enjoyment of the "special olive oil" delivered to our table. The server gave us a free 4 oz. sample to take home. We'll return when time allows.

1 Thank Rick_Beyers

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“29 wedding Ann ,it was perfect !!!”
Reviewed June 29, 2014

Need to go ! I will be back again !
Trust me ! Food and service was verygood ,atmosphere was so nice ,
First time there but not the last time!
Visits Juin 28. ,2014

1 Thank linalachance
Ottawa
“Great service but poor food quality”
Reviewed June 25, 2014

We went to little Italy because I was craving a good pasta.... i left with the craving unfulfilled. The menu was interesting, however the vegetarian lasagna was not lasagna...it was layered eggplant with tomato sauce and cheese. When I commented they offered to bring me my request for spaghetti a la olio (olive oil and garlic). The noodles tasted as if they had just been reheated after being under a heat lamp (if they were rest, that is the taste I had). Honestly the best part was the very good bread basked that came early on, and the iced tea. I would not go back. Little Italy deserves more.

Ottawa, Canada
“Not worth the wait”
Reviewed June 22, 2014

We decided to try this place because they purport to have the best wood oven pizza in Ottawa. If this is the best, we don't want to try the worst. It was mediocre at best. I had the "polo" my wife had the lobster n cashew. They Were 10 inch, good size and good portion. The polo had 5 slices of chicken breast on tomato sauce sprinkled with black olives and a smattering of cheese. Pretty bland taste at that. It had to be augmented with the flavoured olive oil you can request from the waiter. The lobster on the other pizza was all but missing, none was visible or could be tasted. They were $17 and $18 respectively, expensive for what you get. We sat outside on the patio, very nice ambiance. Except we had a table against the wall which was slanted toward the wall. It made for uncomfortable seating. We waited 45 minutes after placing our order. Service was bad. With 3 draught beer the tab came out to around $60, on the steep side for a "gourmet" pizza dinner anywhere we've travelled. Don't waste your time or money.

1 Thank FrankandJane_30
ottawa ontario
“AGAIN”
Reviewed June 18, 2014

Went to La Favorite again with a groupon and again for $ 69 in-joyed a surf and turf dinner for two with a glass of wine,salad,soup and dessert and coffee forgot the manacotti very good food and service was excellent don't be in a hurry as meal is cooked to order and took time to digest all the food was good to very good soup and dessert where the best of the whole meal with the other just a little behind

1 Thank bobisfun