“Monday Happy Hour visit”

Moxie's Grill & Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Moxie's Grill & Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #308 of 2,915 Restaurants in Ottawa
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed July 10, 2013

We decided to take advantage of the Monday evening special which is one pound of wings for $3.99 and a special on Bud Light Platinum beer at $4.00

We had a warm and friendly greeting at the door and acknowledgement by other staff as we were led to a table upstairs on the deck as we had requested. We found the layout and furnishings of the restaurant quite upscale and better than those of its competitors. Our attractive waitress soon arrived and shortly after we were enjoying cold beers and a Mojito also on special. When we order our wings, in several variations, everyone was happy and we all enjoyed our selections.

We found all of the staff to be friendly, attractive and youthful. This was a good Happy Hour experience and we will definitely return.

Reviewed June 6, 2013

A little dark but the food makes up for it
The service is quick and efficient
Staff is always smiling and very pleasant
Prices are reasonable
Mr.Mrs.K.L.

Reviewed May 7, 2013

We were celebrating a birthday so we decided to try Moxie's on Innes Road, in Orleans, Ontario. We have been to other Moxie's locations before, so we were familiar with the restaurant.
Our server suggested that we try the Top Sirloin steak for $19.99. As we were both in the mood for steak we went with his suggestion. Big mistake. The steak is advertised as being cut from AAA beef that has been aged at least 24 days. The menu should have read, it is cut from (a beef that died of old age). They were 2 of the toughest pieces of meat that we have ever encountered. I know enough about meet to know that top sirloin is not the choicest cut of meat, but these steaks can't even be classified as meat. Even cooked to medium rare they were a major jaw workout.
When I brought the fact that they were quite tough to the waiter's attention, his comment was "that's what a lot of people have mentionned". So I asked him why he suggested ordering the dish....answer, because they tell me to. Great idea, sell $1.99 steak for $19.99.
Suffice to say that all the good things that this restaurant had going for itself has been overshadowed by a really bad meal. Taurus is by zodiac sign. I think I really go served the bull.

1  Thank howdel
Reviewed April 12, 2013

I am combining two of my visits in one review

First time I went here for lunch with pals. The service was good.

Hence went there again last week with my wife and 4 year old son.

As requested, they provided us with a booth. The hostess provided crayons and coloring paper for my son.

The choice of food in the menu was just good. Wish there was lil more options. The drinks were really nice. I loved the food both times.

Service was nice. The only slight negative thing was the lack of coat hangers near one half of the booths. The other side had coat hangers near all booths where as we had to keep it on our seats. The ones far away were occupied. Only a minor issue.

The ambience was nice. The food and music was nice. We had a good time. Would definitely come back.... especially when we come to watch the movies......

Reviewed April 9, 2013

Had dinner at the location in Orleans. Very tasty food, and great atmosphere. Prices are fairly reasonable.