“a delightful experience”

Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Vanier
Reviewed April 14, 2013

the first time I have been to this restaurant and it won't be the last. I look forward to going back! I visited the restaurant with one of my close friends and we decided to give Harpo's a go( I have wanted to go for a long time but never had the opportunity). The experience was very pleasant and we loved the intimate feel of the restaurant. The service was exceptional and the food was fantastic. We ordered the garlic shrimp and mussels to share, they were delicious. Then, for our entrees we ordered steak and both were perfectly cooked and very tasty. Overall I give the restaurant an A plus. We were very satisfied with the overall experience. What a lovely place!!!

Reviewed April 9, 2013

our daughter gave us a gift certificate at Christmas for harpos restaurant in Oshawa. we went there on april 2 2013 for dinner. they opened at 1700 hours we arrived at 1730 hours. our server gave us a worm welcome as was the pleasant service throught the entire meal.. harpos had a special meal deal on for $30.00 each plus tax drinks and tea or coffee. the menu was soup, or salad, prime rib roast with Julian potatoes and vegitables. followed by desert of cake or pie with ice cream.. the service throught the meal was excellent as each course arrived at just the right time allow for sum digestion between courses. the prime rib at medium was just right usually of specials the portions are smaller than at a regular price but not a harpors the prime rib was a good sized portion and quite filling. with the soup meal and dessert I did not leave hungry.. harpos is an moderately priced restaurant the normal price on the menue for the prime rib was $35.00 with the soup and desert and drinks extra . we were lucky by getting everything for $30.00 each. if you have not been to harpos I recommend that you try it is well worth the time for an enjoyable evening dinner

Reviewed March 5, 2013

We went there for the 1st. time last night, for my birthday. It's the last time we'll go there! Reservation was made with an order of a bottle of champange to be served to us. We got there on time and our coats were takened from us and gave us a choice of lounge or cafeteria style. We sat down ordered drinks and received water, drinks and garlic bread. After waiting for an hour, we decided that we waited long enough to order our meals. Somehow did not like the feeling in there. Yes, it did not feel that clean! We paid for our drinks and left! The waitress came running out to us as we were getting into our car. She said that there was miscommunication between her and the other waitress. She also offered us gift certicate for next time. NOT! There was a roomful of noisy party at the back. The lounge had us and another couple. They were there when we got there and just got the meal when we were leaving! Not impressed! We went to "Shoeless Joe" and had a lovely meal

4  Thank Bonny D
Reviewed February 24, 2013

The food at this Place was reasonable. The biggest issue that I have with this establishment is the filth of the restaurant. I had to ask for cutlery and bread plate as the ones we had were noticeably dirty. Rubbing my finger over the plate confirmed it. The ones that were brought were no better! There is not excuse for this at all. Waitess was embarassed but explained problems with the dishwasher. The bath room was a bit scary too. If this is what we visibly see what does the kitchen look like. Think that they need to have an "inspector" in to see if this establishment should be up and running.

2  Thank betty r
Reviewed February 20, 2013

I went to Harpo's with one of my girlfriends. It was my first time and it was a very busy night. The staff was very friendly seating us and our waitress approached us quickly. We got the saganaki to begin with, which was amazing! followed by a ceacer salad and for the main course I had the peppercorn steak. It was a so delicious the peppercorn sauce is to die for and my steak was cooked perfectly. The garlic bread that comes with the meal was also amazing. Although it was a busy night our server was very attentive and we had a great time.