“stay in your car”

Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Oshawa
Ont
“stay in your car”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 12, 2009

This hotel was an absolute disgrace! The driveway/parking area very poorly plowed with ice everywhere including walkways to doors. Rooms were clean the first day of a 4 day stay and never vacuumed afterwards. A request for a couple towels and a pillow were met with rude remarks and questioning by staff. Breakfast area was sorely lacking in size and seating room not to mention that there was a shortage of offered foods hours before breakfast was supposed to be over. Room had no power on adjoining wall outlets and 2 of 3 lamps in the room did not work. This is a poor choice for it's price and there are several better options in the area.

• Liked — leaving
  • Disliked — dirty
  • Stayed February 2009, traveled with family
2 Thank wingman1965

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 2, 2009

Our team stayed here for a hockey tournament. Staff was rude and refused a late check out request. No restaurants nearby. We had to shovel the Hotel walkway as it was not passable. Our team will not be back next year.

• Stayed January 2009
Toronto
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 31, 2008

this hotel is very clean and the rooms are great. Wireless internet helps. great breakfast and the breakfast room is clean and tidy.

Staff were very helpfull and great. I would return to this hotel again and again.

• Liked — clean
  • Stayed January 2008, traveled on business
1 Thank shi99
California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 25, 2007

**** MOST DISGUSTING HOTEL/MOTEL TO BE AT **** Shoppers be aware, do not be carried away. This is a bad bad choice. Hotel is old and stinky.. Has bed bugs. We had a sports team stay over and the room's were horrible. Had bad order. Breakfast room is dingy and can not sit more that 5 ppl. It is congested. Very yuky!!

We checked out the next day and stayed at Comfort Inn, the rooms were clean and nice. I was told that the hotel used to be a strippers motel. To think that I slept in one of those beds makes me sick...

*** PAY $10.00 MORE AND STAY A DECENT MOTEL,, I WILL NEVER HAVE ANYONE STAY HER EVER .....

i WISH I HAD PICTURES TO POST HERE..

Stayed November 2007
1 Thank Souch1
orillia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 7, 2007

Our recent stay at the Best Western Durham hotel in Oshawa was a delight!

The staff were courteous and knowledgeable about their city, which I was visiting, the free internet access allowed me to work right from my hotel room at the end of the day.
Breakfast worry was also taken away with a delicious continental offered with my stay. The room was comfortable and clean.

Thank you for making my recent visit worry free, I look forward to coming back.

I give you 4 stars for your property and services.

S. Daggett

• Liked — The staff were amazing, friendly, helpful and knew their city well.
  • Disliked — No pool, it would have been nice for a quick dip
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled on business
2 Thank sweetpead
ontario
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 19, 2007

I stayed here for one night while attending a function at the hotel and was surprised at how nice my room was. The bed was a very nice king size, spacious rooms . One thing I noticed right away was that there was no mini bar. This is a plus for me. I hate looking at overpriced food sitting in a basket next to the TV. The TV was quite large and had lots of channels. Even though this hotel sits on a busy intersection there was really no traffic noise to speak of.

At check in I was given an upgrade to the King Plus Room which entitled a clean comfortable room with Micro wave & fridge with a complimentary breakfast buffet next mroning. The price we paid and the breakfast we received was great. Very nice--tasty, fresh fruit, toast, pastries, hard boiled eggs as well as juices, cereals, coffe and appoximately 6 different varieties of tea.

One negative about the hotel is that they do not have an elevator.

Even though the hotel has been recently renovated the room we stayed in looked brand new and fresh.

I would definately stay at this Best Western Durham on my way to Oshawa or even way to Montreal if I need to sleep at a hotel that is clean comfortable and with the right price. Try it out.

All in all a great stay and I would definitely return.

Stayed September 2007
Ontario
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2007

August 2007 (Month Visited) — "This was the worst hotel I have ever stayed in in my life. I expected consistent Best Western accomodations and got a slum room at best. Understaffed, poor customer service, mediocre room and hotel is way to close to railway tracks with very little sound deadning. Sounded like a train was coming through the room every hour all night. Save your money and stay elsewhere."

• Liked — Can't think of anything I liked about it.
  • Disliked — Poor Service, noisy (trains) construction, security was poor, side door unlocked.
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled on business
1 Thank boomcreekfarm
Also consider these accommodations in or near Oshawa
Downtown Oshawa
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Oshawa Downtown - Toronto Area
Vanier
Travelodge Oshawa Whitby
Quality Suites
#2 of 7 in Whitby
Comfort Inn
#5 of 7 in Oshawa

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Durham Hotel & Conference Centre? Share your experiences!