“Customer Service Experience”

Regent Theatre
Ranked #10 of 35 things to do in Oshawa
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Regent Theatre is a live theatre venue which is owned and operated by the University of Ontario Institute of Ontario.
Reviewed February 19, 2014

Being spoken to rudely & hung up on by box office staff is UNACCEPTABLE! Their online ordering system is archaic & the line that "there isn't a bad seat in the house" is a load of BS. Spend the extra $20 & go to Toronto!

1  Thank smartash82

Reviewed January 11, 2014

The former movie theatre has been restored beautifully. I have recently visited the Regent Theatre to see pianist Anton Keurti and the Symphony. Both were wonderful and a pleasure to see. We are fortunate to have this talent brought to our city in this lovely theatre.

1  Thank Eleanor M
Reviewed December 31, 2013

Thank goodness the local University took ownership of this historic building in downtown Oshawa. Back in the day it used to be the Regent Movie Theatre. Sadly, it was converted into various night clubs over the years. Luckily the University restored it to it's former vintage glory. It is now a pleasure to visit. The raised stage is easily viewed from any seat in the house. Offers a comfortable atmosphere with very good acoustics. Check their website as they have many concerts and events. Just sit back, melt into your chair and enjoy the show!

Reviewed September 15, 2013

I remember going here as a child to see movies and always loved it here. When I had to opportunity to visit again after the restoration, I jumped at it. I was there for the Oshawa Symphony and not only was the inside very well redone, but the sound was great! I will definitely go again!

Reviewed July 28, 2013

I went to see Simply Queen at the Regent. The band was amazing, as it was as close to a Queen concert as you'll ever get (I saw Queen three times in concert).

Although the venue is small, it's perfect for an intimate time with whoever may be on stage. The seats are good, no matter where you sit. Even the front row doesn't mean your head is titled all the way back to look up.

I'm looking forward to seeing another band play here. I am hoping that someone will book Classic Albums Live.

1  Thank PaulfromOshawa