“Fantastic meal” 4 of 5 bubbles

Chef Tommy's
Ranked #14 of 368 Restaurants in Oshawa
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Greek
Good for: Special occasions, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Oshawa, Canada
“Fantastic meal”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 28, 2013

My boyfriend and I went for a late lunch, around 3pm on a Saturday. We were greeted at the door and seated right away, the dinning room was empty when we got there but two other couples arrived while we were eating. We ordered salad which came with pita bread and were both delicious. My boyfriend had the daily fish which was Halibut and he said it was perfectly seasoned and cooked. I ordered the lamb souvlaki, it was truly perfect. Their potatoes were flawless, veggies were good but a little acidic for my taste and the rice was rather bland; everything evened out in my opinion. The waitress (who was wonderful) told us which desserts they had that weren't on the menu, we were full but couldn't resist. I had the seasonal dessert; phyllo with pumpkin filling - it was phenomenal. My boyfriend had the baklava and greek coffee that he said was great. I will go back very soon! Next time I will be sure to try the flaming cheese appetizer that one of the other couples ordered while we were there.

Whitby, Canada
“Home made Greek Cooking at its best”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 28, 2013

If you've ever travelled to Greece, you'll understand the importance of fresh home cooked food. This place cooks all its dishes as you order them. If you like the food at the large american chains, this is not likely your style. The menu does change by what the chef finds fresh at the market. Almost feels like I'm eating back at my mother's house, and sometimes visiting my parents comes with good and not so good moments but you always love to go back home for a good meal. One of my favourite restaurants. Make a reservation.

oshawa, ontario
“Eat at own risk!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 22, 2013 via mobile

My wife's so called Gyro dinner was so bad that she had to send it back. I had the Pistachio and although tastes ok, afterwards I spent the duration if the evening in the washroom purging what I ate.
Need I say more?

2 Thank te834
Toronto, Canada
“Left hungry”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2013

I see several people seem to like this place, unfortunately we are not among them. Any place that I can go for lunch and leave hungry says something. I always am bringing home food for another meal but not from here!!..We arrived at lunch time to an empty restaurant. No one else came while we were there and only one other table had people. The food at best was barely warm and not tasty. I was very disappointed to see they do NOT serve bread with the meal. Any other Greek place we have been to has. The server offered twice to get us garlic bread or a pita but we would be charged for it. For $13 for chicken soulvlaki for lunch I expected much more. Maybe all the others who said they got lots of food had a different chef or were there for dinner and not lunch. If I empty my plate.....that says a lot. I was looking for more. I will not be returning or reccommending any time soon. :( It is not even nicely decorated or overly clean there either. I can go stuff my self at Mandarin for that price

1 Thank Kym V
“Amazing”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2013

First time there and it won't be the last. The food was amazing. Very flavorful with nice sized servings. Very friendly owners. Definitely worth going here for some great food!!!

• Visited August 2013