“We don't serve your kind here!”
Review of Chef Tommy's

Chef Tommy's
Ranked #15 of 399 Restaurants in Oshawa
Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed July 23, 2013 via mobile

Very upsetting to go to a restaurant to find out a half empty restaurant don't want you to sit inside it. This restaurant is an old Taco Bell turned into I guess fine dining.

I'll give you my back story. My wife and I have been wanting to try this restaurant and having no kids with us we decided to have a date night. We weren't in business suits just dressed causual. Now the parking lot was half full so that was a good sign. We were greatest at the door by a older woman that asked it we had reservation and in which replied no and she glacéd the half full restaurant she said sorry we are full but would you like to sit out on the patio. In which I replied no because of the heat. We said thank you but we will go. About five minutes I called to make a reservation to this same restaurant asking if they had room for dinner for four or a two and the girl on the line said yes she had lots of room.

I am disgusted how a restaurant would do this in this time and age. Unfortunately we took our business to another establishment. I hope this helps others.

6  Thank John L

Reviewed July 18, 2013 via mobile

Excellent service....had no idea when they closed and came in 10mins before close and they still seated us and took our order. The kids loved it, my souvlaki was perfect, rice was very bland. My boyfriend"s order was a bit burnt. Pops were not bottomless and were warm cans...that would be my only major complaint.

Reviewed July 13, 2013

Great service. We were seated immediately and the waitress had good knowledge of the menu. We ordered drinks. They were so weak we could barely taste the alcohol. We got the appetizer platter, Spanakopita, and Gyros with pita and tzatziki. The best part of the appetizer platter was the red pepper dip. It was absolutely delicious. These are not your Yaya's dolmades. The rice stuffing was disappointing. Spanakopita was burnt. Not just a little toasty brown, but black and smoky...and tasted burnt. I thought it was quite pricy for the quality. The atmosphere was festive, lots of "Opa! Opa!" and the decor consistent with a Greek restaurant.

Reviewed July 5, 2013

Colleagues and I decided to go for lunch at Chef Tommy's. Having read the already good reviews of this establishment, we wanted to see for ourselves. They did not disappoint. Fresh pita bread, home made authentic tzatziki sauce, delicious gyros and awesome Saganaki.

Plate presentation was good and I would say it are very decent portions sizes without being overwhelming.

If you love Greek food, this place is definitely worthwhile to pay a visit. The prices are a bit above average, but for the quality of food provided absolutely warranted.

Reviewed June 26, 2013

Greece is on my bucket list and if we find a little place in Greece that's as nice I'll be very happy. This is the old Taco Bell location and it's never looked better. Everything is clean and fresh looking and good food and a nice waitress topped it off.

1  Thank Torontax