“Not Bad”

Kakemono Sushi Bar & Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Kakemono Sushi Bar & Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #189 of 399 Restaurants in Oshawa
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed November 15, 2012

I went here for lunch and the service was o.k and the food was also o.k. Nothing great, but better than many other places I've tried in the area.

Reviewed September 2, 2012

Went there on a Saturday night. Knew it would be busy, and had previously read online comments about poor service. But it was hugely surprising to stand at the front hostess counter for 20 minutes, along with about 6 other people while staff completely ignored everyone. Not even a hello!! Finally flagged down one of the staff and told them we had been standing there 20min and no one had acknowledged us. Staff shrugged and went back to ignoring us. Five minutes later we walked out, and we will NEVER go back. It is easy to see how important the customer is to these people. If the front staff is so poorly trained , then I have grave reservations about how well kitchen staff are trained. The dining toom was also so noisy it was giving me a headache. Go to Tokushima instead...they are friendly, and the food is excellent.

4  Thank shadowcats2
Reviewed July 26, 2012

Was recommended this place by a colleague and was disappointed. Sashimi was cut very large/thick. Serving sizes of various dishes I.e. rice were ridiculously huge and became unappetizing. The good notes are that the staff is friendly and the atmosphere is nice. I would also rate the price as a tad overpriced. Also another thing was the sushi rolls had way to much rice on them.

Reviewed July 16, 2012

Seeing as how I keep touting on about another Sushi house in Oshawa I should write a review about Kakemono as well. The decor is lovely, airy and sophisticated and the staff efficient. The food although fresh and delivered quickly was bland and I have to agree with other reviews on this site I missed the favourites usually found at a Sushi restaurant. We went there for my Husbands birthday and I think considering the ambiance and price Kakemono should have out shone our favourite Sushi spot but it failed on flavour. We won't go back. It's a shame really, and a big let down considering it was a special occasion but I have to say.....all style, no substance.

2  Thank momwhocooks
Reviewed May 28, 2012

Took my older boys there. The service is fast. Food is very good. Washrooms are clean.
Wish the girls would smile more. :)