“Good old stand-in”

Kelsey's Neighborhood Bar & Grill
Ranked #119 of 372 Restaurants in Oshawa
Cuisines: American, Bar, Canadian, Pub
Good for: Large groups, Bar scene, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Enjoy one of Canada's original roadhouse restaurants, with Canadian favourites like double stacked burgers and unforgettable chicken wings. At Kelsey's the beer is always cold and a game is always on.
Ottawa, Canada
“Good old stand-in”
Reviewed November 8, 2013

On our way into the city, we had to stop for a quick bite. Kelsey's seemed to fit the bill. My wife loves the balsamic chicken. I ordered it as well and had the sauce on the side. It's amazing what those chicken breasts look like without sauce on them. You can tell they're pre-cooked; frozen and then thawed. They have pre-scored marks on them. Kinda mediocre at best. For $16, I would expect them to cook food from fresh. I think that's the way with all chain restaurants these days.

• Visited November 2013

Toronto, Canada
“Fun night out!”
Reviewed October 13, 2013

A few weeks ago, my family and I went out to this location for a late night dinner. What stands out to me is the great service we had from our waiter. Due to the time, we were one of the only tables in the restaurant section and were quite a loud bunch. Our waiter was very prompt, helpful and shared in a few laughs with our table! The food was very tasty- my mother and I split Fajitas which were enough for leftovers and tasted great the next day too! My sister-in-law had the balsamic chicken and was disappointed in the lack of sauce and that the mashed potatoes now come with onions. Overall, we had a great time, our waiter made it unique and memorable! We'll definitely be back!

• Visited September 2013
Durham, Canada
“Burnt food”
Reviewed April 21, 2013

We have stopped visiting Kelsey's as much as we used to because the portions have shrunk quite a bit. We used to visit quite often. Every time I go to Kelsey's I get the balsamic chicken meal which I absolutely love. The last 2 times I have visited this location, the chicken has come out burnt and there was hardly any sauce on it. I had to spend time cutting all the burnt parts off and after all that work, because there wasn't enough sauce it just wasn't good at all. It's really too bad that they don't mind to send out burnt food. I may try Kelsey's again in another town, but this one I will definitely not be returning to.

• Visited April 2013
3 Thank itsmeinhere
Oshawa, Canada
“Best Chain restaurant around.”
Reviewed March 10, 2013

We don't particularly like chain restaurants and their pre-made processed foods but Kelseys is better than any other chain restaurant. Love their Sonoma Chicken salad

Visited March 2013
Bowmanville, Canada
“Kelseys Continues to Disappoint”
Reviewed October 29, 2012

We go to Kelsey's from time to time but are never happy with our decision. The staff is fine, we're just disappointed with the quality of food for the price.

3 Thank Jim R