“yumsville !”

Halibut House Fish & Chips
Ranked #67 of 399 Restaurants in Oshawa
Cuisines: American
Reviewed August 16, 2012

I live near by and walk in often. I enjoy the menu, and the food is great, like homemade. I usually go for fish and chips, but sometimes I'll have french toast with bacon.

1  Thank Dino M

Reviewed May 30, 2012

This bright restaurant shines amidst the surroundings on Bloor Street. Like the bright flower that attracts the bee, so does this place catch the eye and draw you in. I found the food to be very good, matched by the service. I was impressed by the young owner canvasing the tables getting the feedback from customers. I will certainly be back.

1  Thank Trawler101
Reviewed May 16, 2012

It is not located in the best area of town that it could have been but once inside there is a good feeling that you're going to be well satisfied. I found the food to be very well cooked and presented, plus the owner came around the tables and took the time say hi and asked how we liked our visit. That made a difference to me and I recommend this place as well worth a visit.

1  Thank pickingz
Reviewed March 29, 2012

I'd been in for lunch before with a friend of mine and thought the decor and location was fabulous... new and bright with a ton of potential. Had the gyro lunch and it was very tasty. Our server at that time (an older lady) was attentive and polite.
Went in today and it was a completely different story.
This time I had the Halibut, which is supposed to be their specialty. Lacking in flavour, to say the least. Not impressed at all.
My server was a young girl who was dressed like a skateboarder and had a lot of attitude. Absolutely no clue what serving in a restaurant entails. (I've been a server, bartender, shift supervisor and assistant manager in restaurants for 15 years). Not once did she even check on me to see if everything was fine or if I needed anything, which is inexcusable, since there were only 2 other tables in the establishment at the time.
To top it all off, after my plate was cleared (by someone ELSE, I might add), the check was brought to me immediately. I was contemplating dessert and/or coffee but apparently, they don't want to make money, since they didn't ask if I wanted anything else.
It's really too bad because this place could be a great hit with the atmosphere and location but a definate staff change (possibly management change) is desperately needed!

3  Thank LoveInCuba
Reviewed November 3, 2011

This new restaurant stands out as a shining new location in an area that needed new blood. The portions are good, the service first class and the place is squeaky clean and after a nice chat with the owner I think it's going to stay that way. The restaurant is licenced and the menu is extensive. There's ample parking and I will certainly return.

4  Thank Torontax