“Susan, Stephen and Stuey - wonderful hosts”

Paddington Place Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #2 of 7 Oshawa B&B and Inns
London, United Kingdom
“Susan, Stephen and Stuey - wonderful hosts”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 30, 2014

My wife and I stayed at this B and B to attend a friends wedding. We drove from Toronto and although its located in a bit of a maze of residential streets and appears to be someones house (it is of course) once we found it we were made to feel completely at home by the owners Susan and Stephen - not forgetting their doggie Stuey who was very friendly and affectionate. Our room was very comfy with all mod cons both in the bedroom and bathroom, and quite literally spotlessly clean - you could have eaten your lunch off the wood floor. We don't normally stay at B and B's but when your hosts care as much about your stay as these guys do and put as much effort into making sure you are happy/well fed its hard to stay anywhere else. We were only there for one night and out for most of that, but the next morning we chatted with the owners at length over a delicious breakfast which really made us feel even more at home. If you happen to find yourself in need of a bed for the night in this neck of the woods don't even think about a holiday inn or anonymous highway motel - give these guys a call, you'll be glad you did. I only gave location as "average" as I have no clue about the area but it is very safe and about 10 mins drive from the 401 highway.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank David P

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 6, 2014

I stayed at Paddington Place for two weekends in January. This B&B is perfect. The rooms are large, warm and equipped with everything (mini fridge, kettle (coffee/tea), table, small couch. Every morning I was greeted with an absolutely amazing breakfast! I have even tried to recreate some of the recipes now that I am home! Location is also very close to a shopping mall and grocery store. If I am in the area again I will definable be staying there again. Lovely hosts who are willing to do anything to make your stay enjoyable!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Valerie E
TORONTO
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

We spent an absolutely amazing night here on August 30 (with our family). We had the suite with he pull out sofa bed.
Our hosts were amazing, wonderful homemade goodies for us on arrival, with a great selection of teas and a mini fridge in our room.
The decorations are lovely and our breakfast on checkout was fantastic, homemade waffles, fruit, yogurt and wonderful homemade apple cider and teas.

This is a great place away from home; we had a tour of the gardens in the morning and with two ponds and wonderful landscaping it is a wonderful oasis in the city; makes you feel like a cottage away from home.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for 3 nights and decided to join trip advisor so I could write this review. This B&B is truly brilliant. The rooms are spacious, comfortable and have everything you could want. My room has a TV, DVD collection, en suite, fridge, coffee and tea apparatus. The hosts are very welcoming and happy to help out in any way they can. A homemade treat is put in your room everyday and the breakfasts are without a doubt the best I have ever had on any trip. Overall this is simple, if you need somewhere to stay try and book here you will not find anywhere better.

Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank Ben G
Summerside, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2013

I, with 4 other ladies, stayed here for 2 nights before one of our good friend's weddings. I was the photographer and we used their house for the women's wedding prep. The hosts are genuine, friendly, give you your privacy and the rooms are just stunning! The backyard is also quite relaxing. It was one of the best and most relaxing locations I have shot wedding prep at! The breakfast food is also incredible.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank BGal1234
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 14, 2013

My husband and I had a business trip and I wanted him to finally experience his first b&b stay. We chose Paddington Place thru the bbcanada website. It was close proximity to the facility we needed to attend for business and met our needs.
Stephen was able to accommodate our early check in at 1030am. We dropped our bags, had a quick chat and were off to conduct our business. We returned after supper and enjoyed our awaiting fresh cookies baked by Sue. We relaxed in the lush backyard and on the back deck until it became too cool for me. We retired back to our room, lounged in the comfy bed and watched a movie before sleep.
The morning was an early one, but both hosts were accommodating and our breakfast was spot on. I had time to finish the pot of coffee :)
A wonderful stay for both and first for the mister!

• Stayed June 2013
Westport, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 7, 2013

My daughter and I enjoyed a relaxing and peaceful night at Paddington Place. We were in town for OFSSAA and needed a spot close by where we could be sure to get a good nights rest. Our room was very clean; the bed comfy and cozy; and our suite had all the extra's you could want, including in room fridge, private bath, wonderful assortment of teas and coffee, hot chocolate and delicious home baked cookies. Our hosts Sue and Stephen served up a wonderful breakfast of homemade granola, yogurt and fresh fruit to start and was followed by a generous serving of breakfast sausages and French toast with a lovely peach caramel topping. Everything was perfect and I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Oshawa
Downtown Oshawa
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Oshawa Downtown - Toronto Area
Vanier
Travelodge Oshawa Whitby
Comfort Inn
#5 of 7 in Oshawa
Quality Suites
#2 of 7 in Whitby

Been to Paddington Place Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!