“loved it”

Ranked #2 of 7 Oshawa B&B and Inns
Port Hope, Canada
“loved it”
Reviewed February 16, 2013

Stayed one night while in town for a concert. We were greeted with wonderful homemade baked goods and shown to a very comfortable and private suite. Suzanne asked us about our breakfast preferences; mine being yogurt and my husband's being only coffee. We thought we might even opt out of breakfast because we were unsure if we might want to sleep through it by the time morning came. There is a tassimo in the room with a great assortment of coffees and teas, so we were quite happy with just that actually.
At 9ish our hostess delivered a tray to outside our door. A steaming pot of fresh coffee, warm croissants, strawberry preserves and two bowls of yogurt with fresh fruit and granola. A pitcher of juice with berries floating in it rounded out the breakfast.
This couple really wants to make you happy. Instead of calling a cab, Steve drove us to the concert and Suzanne really went out her way to provide us with a carefree flexible morning.
This was our first time staying at a bed and breakfast so I really have nothing to compare it with but our experience was to notch.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank marklaur

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Barrie, Canada
Reviewed January 4, 2013

We only spent one night while in the area but wished it could have been longer.
What can I say , Great hosts that make you feel right at home. vary comfortable room and a great breakfast. Also the view from the dining room was another nice surprise. Talk about country in the city.

Harley & Maureen
Barrie On.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed December 5, 2012

I spent four nights at Paddington Place while on business in November and would return in a heart beat. Everything was terrific... location, room, breakfasts and hosts. The two suites are situated on the top floor and very private from the rest of the house.

Room Tip: If you like to watch TV in the evening, reserve the larger suite. The benefit of the smaller suite i...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Toronto
Reviewed November 8, 2012

Did I say better? Because what I meant was, don't waste your money at a hotel. Staying here was beyond all expectations. I can't say enough about how accommodating the hosts were or how amazing the breakfasts tasted. I will never stay at another area hotel if the Paddington Place B & B has space. Their home is lovely with spacious and comfy rooms. Just a pleasant place all around. And so nice to be able to do work on a stable internet connection instead of dealing with the headache of a hotel internet 'network'!

Room Tip: Either room would be great.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank a b
Newington, Ontaio
Reviewed September 18, 2012

We stayed in Paddington Place B & B the last two nights and had a very pleasant stay. We were in Oshawa concerning a very critical medical matter. Both Steve and Sue were very sensitive to our situation and provided care that was very appropriate under the circumstances. Everything you could possibly want at a B & B is found here. Large, comfy bed, spacious room, incredible breakfasts, WiFi, excellent private bathroom, lovely neighbourhood. We'll definitely stay in this
B&B again if the need arises in the future.

Bill C. September 18, 2012

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank bill c
cornwall, ontario
Reviewed August 31, 2012

We'd stayed at this lovely bed and breakfast as part of our trip to Wonderland. The breakfasts were incredible!! The room was huge, with a sitting area, TV, Tassimo, and yummy homemade cookies at night. The bed was extremely comfortable, and the neighbourhood is quiet, so sleeping was easy. So nice to have a beautiful up to date ensuite bathroom, with double sinks, and lots of fluffy towels and robes.

The backyard is very private, backing on to a ravine. We enjoyed sitting in the comfy chairs under the tree, by the lovely pond.

The hosts are best combination of warm and friendly, while respecting your privacy. We will defintely be back!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Barrie Ontario
Reviewed April 23, 2012

I stayed here in March, and being very new at staying at b&b's, I was very apprehensive. I was really happy with my experience. I am a social person, but I do prefer to have my own sitting area, so this b&b suited my wants. The bed was cosy and so soft and comfortable, with a lovely comforter,bedding and good pillows. Everything is immaculately clean and the decor is inviting and relaxing. My bedroom had it's own sitting area with a small loveseat and t.v. and lots of dvd's to choose from. There were chocolate chip cookies fresh from the oven that were still warm waiting for me. The bathroom was also immaculate and beautiful, with a clawfoot tub and shower and the towels were so soft. Next time I am going to stay longer and soak in that huge tub. The bedroom window looked over a quiet private backyard. A small manicure set for a gift was a nice surprise. There was a deck off the diningroom on the main floor, that would be wonderful to sit on in the nice weather. There is a small mini fridge in the room, tea kettle and herbal teas. Breakfast was outstanding. Steve, sets the table, and he makes sure every detail is perfect and it was. The English blue flowered china, makes one feel elegant, and yet the atmostohere is so relaxed, that you feel welcome and comfortable. Fresh orange juice and coffee or tea, a creamy yogurt with fresh berries and granola to start, followed by a mouth watering quiche, with bacon and the best home fries I have ever tasted. Sue and Steve, are following their hearts desire to run a bed and breakfast and it shows. This is their calling and I highly recommend this B&B and I look forward to staying with them again.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Oshawa
Downtown Oshawa
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Oshawa Downtown - Toronto Area
Vanier
Travelodge Oshawa Whitby
Comfort Inn
#5 of 7 in Oshawa
Quality Suites
#2 of 7 in Whitby

Been to Paddington Place Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!