“Wouldn't stay again”

Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Oshawa
canada
“Wouldn't stay again”
Reviewed July 15, 2007

Looked okay on the outside. Walked in the lobby and it smelled like stale smoke. Front desk staff was friendly. Rooms were not clean, bathrooms had old dirty grout and needed to be refurbished. Breakfast was basically toast and cereal(no fruit or yogurt) and tables had cigarettes ashes on it. Pool was area was clean but extremely noisy. Security did promptly remove the people drinking in the hall by 10:30pm. And last thing no hot water on both mornings I tried to take a shower. Was not worth the $106CAD/night.

• Liked — N/A
  • Disliked — No hotwater
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
2 Thank travel_by5

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Burlington, VT
Reviewed February 17, 2007

While traveling back to New England, my car broke down. I was stranded for 2 days while a part needed to be delivered. My repairs were going to cost me $3500.00. I drove around Oshawa asking hotels for room rates. I explained about me breaking down, and how much it was going to cost. Several of the hotels would not give me a break, except for the Travelodge. I know that I didn't deserve a break, but was hoping for one, from any of the hotels.
The Travelodge was clean & friendly. Thanks to Liz, and Mike at the Oshawa, ON Travelodge. You made me feel welcomed
--C. Daniels, Burlington, Vermont

Stayed February 2007
Sault Ste Marie, Ontario
Reviewed October 5, 2006

Recently we stayed at the Travelodge in Oshawa and were a little reluctant at first, after reading a bad review. We checked out a few rooms and found them to be clean so we decided to stay for the night. We checked in and then went for a great supper just down the road at The Outback. It was awesome and very close to the hotel. Later in the evening we went down to the pool and hot tub to relax, and we have stayed in many hotels before, but we have never seen a more spotless and sparkling pool and hot tub than we did there. The woman at the desk was exceptional, as she wanted to make sure we had a great stay. We hope everyone that reads this review, will give this hotel a try. They also have a breakfast included, with just about something for everyone. Thank you for a wonderful stay, and we definitely will be back.

• Liked — The pool and hot tub, and the front desk woman
  • Disliked — No complaints
  • Stayed October 2006, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
4 Thank Kittykatklub
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed August 10, 2004

At first glance the room appeared to be fine, with the exception of the stale smoke smell (we asked for a non-smoking room!). When preparing to get into bed, I pulled the comforter down, to find a very disgusting small bug crawling on the underside of the comforter. I asked my husband to take a look at it. He'd never seen such a bug before and was concerned about staying in that room, as was I. I thought maybe it was a fluke. I walked over to get a pillow from atop a shelf and found the same kind of disgusting bug crawling on that pillow as well. My husband contacted the front desk and we were moved to another room. Same accomodations. We inspected this room and didn't find any bugs, however the bathroom was dirty. We found hair stuck on the door. We also found it to be very dirty underneath the sink vanity. We had no choice but to stay, as other hotels were booked and we were many many miles from home.

Beware of this hotel folks. I wouldn't recommened staying at this unclean and unkept hotel.

10 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Also consider these accommodations in or near Oshawa
Downtown Oshawa
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Oshawa Downtown - Toronto Area
Quality Suites
#2 of 7 in Whitby
Comfort Inn
#5 of 7 in Oshawa
Residence Inn Whitby
#1 of 7 in Whitby

Been to Travelodge Oshawa Whitby? Share your experiences!