“Good place with above average service. I had only 1 problem...”

Travelodge Oshawa Whitby
Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Oshawa

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Peterborough, Canada
Reviewed June 8, 2014

We chose to stay here because we were attending a play in Toronto, but live far away. This gave us easy access to the Oshawa GO station. It was a pleasant stay. I was concerned about noise from the highway but the was very little. The breakfast was decent, including both hot and cold items, and my boys spent quite a bit of time in the pool. I'd stay again.

Room Tip: Our room was located towards the back of the hotel, so I imagine that is why the highway noise was l...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Windsor, Canada
Reviewed June 7, 2014

I have to say the maintenance and house cleaners never stop working. Rooms were clean. And house cleaners kind and easy to talk to. Front desk staff a little clueless. Breakfast was crowded and we couldn't get near food.And there wasn't much left. We left and ate on way home. Other guests had left garbage all over tables. One guy was running breakfast and very obviously needed help. Two woman at front desk and one could have helped him. The breakfast area is TOO small. No restaurant close only by car. Rooms need updating. I felt some management was a little stuck up. Not friendly. Been to other Travelodges in US and was much more impressed. Kids running constantly up and down halls (non stop). When I mentioned at Front desk the lady just laughed and said some gymnastics team was staying there. It was disruptive to us at 9:30 at night and annoying. Obviously nothing is ever said to these guests. Won't be staying there again.

• Stayed June 2014
London, Canada
Reviewed May 28, 2014 via mobile

This hotel is average in almost every way. Cleanliness, rooms, location, breakfast, amenities. Nothing to really complain about in any of these areas but also nothing was really done great.

Service however was poor. Every time I went to the front desk, the staff made me feel like I was interrupting some very important personal conversation. On check in, the woman was looking for something online and decided to finish that while we stood there looking at each other. Not good customer service at all.

• Stayed May 2014
2 Thank NicoleDD
Toronto, Ontario
Reviewed May 19, 2014

Compared to the Quality Inn down the road, this property was a lot less scary and cleaner. As a single traveller, I appreciated that. The gym could definitely have been set up better though - it was a scary room with no windows or security that I could see; no way was I going into there!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge

Also consider these accommodations in or near Oshawa
Quality Suites
#2 of 7 in Whitby
Downtown Oshawa
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Oshawa Downtown - Toronto Area
Residence Inn Whitby
#1 of 7 in Whitby
Comfort Inn
#5 of 7 in Oshawa

Been to Travelodge Oshawa Whitby? Share your experiences!