Travelodge Oshawa Whitby
$94
$91
La Quinta Inn & Suites Oshawa(Oshawa)(Great Value!)
$59
$91
$145
$132
$70
All reviewspool and hot tubwafflesroom was cleanhard boiled eggscomfortable stayeasy accessnight staygo trainwhitbycerealtruckratesmicrowavewashroom
Reviewed July 2, 2013

Reviewed July 1, 2013

Reviewed June 30, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here for my brother's wedding and he had blocked some rooms in advance so all the family could stay here. When trying to book online, the site said no rooms were available. After making several attempts I called the hotel. It took about 15 minutes for the reception staff to understand my reason for the call and had to ask several ways if there was a room booked under my family's name. Meanwhile the cost of my international call is mounting along with my frustration...
The level of service I experienced was average, other members of our group had not so good experiences with front desk staff.
It's good there is a 'free' breakfast each morning. Be warned it can get hectic in the kitchen area as its pretty small. There was a wide variety of breakfast options. The coffee is pretty bad.
Rooms are good and had a fresh appearance. The housekeeping staff did come through quite late on busy days (around 5:30pm).
There isn't much near the hotel. The closest shops are about 20mins walk away, but better shops are about 40 mins walk away. Cab drivers don't complain if you take a short trip to the shops.
On the whole it's an average place to stay.

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank Graham J
Reviewed June 30, 2013

We stayed at this hotel when we were in the area for my niece's high school graduation being held in Oshawa. The hotel was easy to find and the rooms were clean. We had a room with a double bed and a pull out loveseat (pulled out to a twin). The sheets on the pullout looked fresh and clean *unlike a lot of other pullouts). The bathroom was on the small size, but it was clean and that's the important part.

I didn't go to breakfast, but my husband did. He brought me back some sausages and toast. The sausages were very greasy and funny tasting. He said they had a good selection of foods though including a waffle maker.

We made a stop at the pool when we got to the hotel. The pool is kind of small, but the water was on the warmer side which we like. The hot tub was very small also but the water was very, very warm. Hotter than most hotels we've been to (in the US they limit how hot you can have the water).

We didn't get to the hotel until around 10 pm and parking was a bit of a problem. It looks like it could be that way during the day too, especially if they have a meeting or conference at the hotel.

Overall we would definitely stay here again if we were in the area (only problem is that it's a ways from my sister's house, which is what we are usually in the area for)

Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple