“Nothing but problems”

Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Oshawa
Whitby, Ontario, Canada
“Nothing but problems”
Reviewed July 19, 2012

We booked a room with expedia for this hotel and had nothing but problems since we got here. first off the room we booked was not available for us. Even though on the website it was said to be guaranteed till midnight. after talking to the people at the front desk they informed us that expedia sent them our information calling it a round house which they said meant we get whichever room is left. We came back to our room and called expedia to try and fix the problem they showed no understanding of the round house and continued to call to make some arrangements but not to fully fix the problem. Not only did all this occur there's a burnt plate in our microwave with stuff on it and the toilet paper role was almost gone. And to top it all of there is no house keeping in the building. Not satisfied the price may be good but next time i will have no problem paying more for better service and a nicer room.

Room Tip: Do not come here.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Melissa B

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Wisconsin
Reviewed July 18, 2012

We stayed here on Canada Day weekend when we could not find anything. Rooms were nice and clean. Overall the service and stay was nice. Shopping and restaurants are just down the road. This is located right next to a BMW dealership. Breakfast was fairly small. Kind of narrow street down this frontage road. Good place to stay for the night.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank WItraveler2000
Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 3, 2012

We stayed here in June 2012 for two nights while visiting relatives nearby. Large room very clean, free Wi-Fi, good breakfast and very helpful staff. All this at a good price! Did not use the pool.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed June 26, 2012

Stayed at the Travelodge in Whitby, ON for four nights on business. The staff were extremely helpful in finding great places to eat. The hot breakfast was very good, with the waffles with fruit and cream being a personal favourite. It's a fairly large hotel, and it was a little confusing at first getting from my room to the main lobby, but I got used to it prety quick. When I got to my room, a large giftbasket with chocolates, cheeses, and a variety of different drinks greeted me, with a hand written note from the hotel manager. A very nice touch which made me feel personally appreciated. Free long distance in my room was a very nice addition, and the large t.v. and bed mad me feel extra comfortable. I highly recommend this hotel, and will stay here every time I visit Whitby.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Niagara Region
Reviewed June 24, 2012

Beds are very comfortable! I had a great sleep. We booked multiple rooms. One had a broken A/C, and we were quickly given a new room. Breakfast was wonderful. It includes waffles & toppings, eggs, sausages, and regular cold selections. The pool is nice. Great for kids. Prices are one of the best in the area.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Toronto
Reviewed May 12, 2012

I booked a room at the Travelodge Whitby for the night of May 10, 2012 for use after attending a concert in Oshawa.

I have stayed at the property on several previous occasions and never had any issues, but I was a little disconcerted to have several issues mar my stay this time.

I arrived in late afternoon and looked forward to a relaxing soak in the bath tub after several hours on the road. The profusion of short, curly hairs decorating both the tub and the surrounding walls quickly caused to file that plan under the heading of "Not Happening".

I enjoyed my concert and got a decent nights sleep in the room afterwards.

Breakfast the next morning at 7:30 consisted of cold coffee, cold oatmeal, cold eggs, and cold, greasy sausages.........but the quantities available were large. Thankfully, there is a Tim Horton's just down the street.

Overall, the property served its basic purpose, but management needs to start paying attention to the smaller details.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Cornerguy1
Windsor, Canada
Reviewed May 4, 2012

Stayed here while delivering my son to University .... great Hotel .... nice clean rooms, pleasant staff and comfy beds ...... will stay again!!!!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Oshawa
Quality Suites
#2 of 7 in Whitby
Downtown Oshawa
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Oshawa Downtown - Toronto Area
Comfort Inn
#5 of 7 in Oshawa
Residence Inn Whitby
#1 of 7 in Whitby

Been to Travelodge Oshawa Whitby? Share your experiences!