“Convenient & affordable”

Travelodge Oshawa Whitby
Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Oshawa
Reviewed July 4, 2011

We chose this hotel because we needed some place affordable to sleep for the night while visiting friends in the area. It is located right along the highway which makes it easy to locate and navigate from. The hotel room was clean and it was fairly quiet despite the location and people there. Unfortunately, by the time I checked out the complimentary breakfast at 8:30 there wasn't much left and crowds of people. Also, the internet. The wired/wireless internet are password protected which wasn't given to us during check-in. The hotel suited our needs fine since we weren't staying too long. I would stay again, as long as the rates were good.

Room Tip: Patios on 1st floor open directly to parking lot
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank lotzasmiles

Reviewed June 23, 2011

Because Trip Advisor rated Travelodge as the #1 place to stay in Oshawa, Canada, I booked a room for my husband and I. My original reservation asked for a room on a top floor away from ice machines, elevator etc. The front desk clerk handed us our key saying we would be on the 1st floor; if we wanted an upper floor we would have to pay a higher rate. We took a key to look at the room; it was small, had a lumpy double bed and the furnishings were very old, mismatched and of the plastic variety. A sliding door (with no secure lock) led out to the patio which consisted of some bricks placed very close to the parking area. Outside our room was parked a semi truck. The halls were very dark with a stale odor.

While we returned to the front desk several highway workers were requesting smoking rooms and the clerk told them there was no smoking. The manager then appeared and magically found smoking rooms but they were for a higher fee as well.

I would recommend this hotel to absolutely no one.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank MiVacation
Reviewed May 31, 2011

Stayed at this hotel on Friday night. We have driven by this place countless times and said we should try it rather than the Comfort Inn or the Comfort Suites. or the Super 8 or the Best Western. We visit family in Oshawa three of four times a year and stay in a hotel.
The Travelodge turned out to be excellent! Great welcoming staff when we arrived, rooms and accountrements are all first class, and the breakfast was acceptable (scrambled eggs were only lukewarm, but that can happen anywhere; at least they have scrambled eggs!). The fitness centre and the pool will certainly get a work out the next time we are in town.
Another good point is that this hotel does not rip you off with their vending machines; the prices are in line with convenience stores, not the airport!
We will be returning, and I must say that based on our experience here I will be trying Travelodge Hotels a lot more in the future.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank WindsorTraveller
Reviewed May 20, 2011

I have been staying at this hotel now for 15 years and have nothing but praise for the staff if there is ever a problem they take care of it immediately. I highly recommend this establishment.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank sgardinerseattle
Reviewed May 16, 2011

I stayed at the Travelodge with my family for 2 full weeks in late April. We stayed in a 2 bedroom suite that was recently renovated. The accomadation and room was great, 2 seperate bedrooms and a seperated kitchen living room worked perfect for our needs during this time. we utilized all the hotels accomadations including the fitness center, pool and breakfast. All werre A1 and I would recommed this hotel and stay there myself again in a heartbeat.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed May 2, 2011

I was a bit reluctant having read some other reviews, but have been completely satisfied with my stay. I haven't noticed any of the odors complained of by other reviewers.
The rooms are very pleasant and well equipped, refrigerators, microwaves, a desk, free internet access, comfortable bed, even three premium cable movie channels (HBO, Cinemax & Showtime). The staff has been friendly and helpful, the pool and hot tub are small but clean. There are a number of decent restaurants in the area. The scenery around the Travelodge is nothing to get excited about and you probably don't want a room at the front as there is a busy highway along that side but my room was on the third floor west side and very quite. The Travelodge has everything I need for a comfortable stay and I will definitely come back again.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed April 28, 2011

I'll be honest, I didn't know what to expect as I'm normally a Hilton type of person. But, I was pleasantly surprised with the level of service and how modern this hotel was. The service was great, rooms were quite large and couldn't believe a hotel would offer free long distance calls, which I definitely took advantage of. I highly recommend this hotel and I would stay there again.

Room Tip: Breakfast was great! wake up early.
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Oshawa
Quality Suites
#3 of 7 in Whitby
Downtown Oshawa
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Oshawa Downtown - Toronto Area
Comfort Inn
#5 of 7 in Oshawa

Been to Travelodge Oshawa Whitby? Share your experiences!