“VERY POOR”
Review of Comfort Inn

Comfort Inn
Ranked #5 of 7 Hotels in Oshawa
Reviewed June 23, 2014

not clean at all ! we had to clean the tub ourselves because it was not done well at all. The door to the outside was broken, the haddle fell off as I opened it. We informed the staff who looked liked they heared it 30 times already that day. What is wrong with the management ? Get it together!

Room Tip: keep driving ...
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
3  Thank Sarah n
There are newer reviews for Comfort Inn

Reviewed May 9, 2014

I've stayed here twice on business trips to the area. It's very convenient if you're in the Durham Region and I selected it primarily for those reasons.

The grounds were safe and the staff was friendly.

I agree 100% with the reviewer below that it was a flashback to the 70s, right down to the golden lamps and decor.

On my last stay, I had to change rooms as none of the electrical outlets were new enough for my phone charger and laptop power cord to stay plugged in. When I moved my bed away from the wall to try that outlet, the plug wasn't secured in the wall and fell out!
(They moved me without any hesitation and were very nice about it.)

After looking in the area, I'm curious about some of the other local hotels which appear to be less expensive and are updated.

My visits weren't "bad" but I'd hesitate to call them "good."

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank DaveMJr
Reviewed May 6, 2014 via mobile

The hotel offers everything while on business in the Durham Region. The staff are friendly and very accommodating. The rooms are kept clean and updated. The location offers quick access to all mayor highways, great shopping at the Oshawa Centre and the Lake Ontario waterfront. Also it is very conveniently located next to the Go and CN Train system.
Overall at it is good all around hotel.

• Stayed: May 2014
Reviewed December 26, 2013

I booked 2 rooms arriving on Christmas eve, one for myself, the other for my grandparents. I had a few small requests and the hotel staff was very understanding and helpful. The rooms were great, clean, comfortable beds, comfy pillows as well, shower worked great, VERY quiet at night, heat worked great, absolutely no complaints. Will be staying here again!

Thanks again to the staff!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed October 31, 2013

We stayed at this hotel the weekend of October 18-20, 2013. I was only a young kid in the '70s, but staying at the Comfort Inn let me relive those years. We were there for a hockey tournament, and EVERYONE had the same complaints.

The staff was friendly, but that was where the good ended. The hallways were dirty and outdated. Stained carpets, dirty walls, funky smell. The room was more of the same. Funky smell. Worn out furniture and carpet. The bathroom door would not close. The bathtub would not drain. The toilet barely flushed.
The breakfast room was a small hotel room, that they took the furniture out of. Small, overcrowded and aside from the waffles not very appetizing.

I would NOT recommend this place. The 4-5 star reviews I read here are hilarious. Paid schills for the hotel is my guess.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Dana G, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this reviewResponded November 4, 2013

Dear valued Guest

I am truly sorry that you did not have a positive experience while staying at our establishment, our number one goal is to provide clean, comfortable and friendly accommodations to all our guest.
There are some rooms in our hotel that is in need of updating we will be working on this in the new year.
Had our staff been made aware of the issues with your room they would have been more then happy to have the maintenance person take a look at your room.
Once again I am truly sorry that you did not enjoy your stay at the hotel.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

We found the staff friendly and helpful, our room was large and clean (2 double beds) and the fridge came in very handy, the free parking was a real plus, the breakfast that was included was great. Great place to stay when visiting the Oshawa/Whitby/Port Perry area.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
6  Thank GrantFamilyToronto

Dear Grant Family

We are so very pleased that you enjoyed your stay at the Comfort Inn Oshawa.
The staff at the hotel would like to thank you for your kind words our number one goal is to ensure that all guest have a wonderful experience while staying with us.

We look forward to welcoming you back with us in the future.

Thanks Dana Gillingham

Reviewed August 7, 2013

Friendly, helpful staff, large clean room (2 double beds) with comfortable bedding, desk, fridge and coffee making facilities, ample free parking, direct access to Pearson International via highway 401, Walmart within walking distance, breakfast included in rate of $A 65/ night.
Would recommend for those visiting Oshawa/Whitby/Port Perry area or eastern Toronto.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank niwega
Also consider these accommodations in or near Oshawa
Vanier
Travelodge Oshawa Whitby
Quality Suites
#2 of 7 in Whitby
Downtown Oshawa
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Oshawa Downtown - Toronto Area
Residence Inn Whitby
#1 of 7 in Whitby

Been to Comfort Inn? Share your experiences!