“Romantic night away”

Ranked #5 of 7 Hotels in Oshawa
Newcastle, Canada
“Romantic night away”
Reviewed February 3, 2013

My friend and I stayed in room 210. It was a very nice sized room, larger than the ordinary standard queen room. The room was very clean and fresh smelling. The service from the front desk staff was wonderful....very polite and willing to assist us in any way. I found the bed to be very comfortable and everything was in good working order. Overall we had a very pleasant stay at the hotel and would recommend it to any of our friends or family.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Reviewed January 4, 2013 via mobile

We stayed in room 128, the beds are hard as rocks, the room is freezing. It's warmer outside. I feel that I am in the age, of the Flinstones, staying @ the bedrock hotel. A throw back to the early years of the cave man. I would seriously think twice before staying @ this hotel, even if this was the last one available. Spread the word.

• Stayed January 2013
2 Thank littlekeia

Travelers are raving about these Oshawa hotels

Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed November 30, 2012

My son and I stayed in room 223, in town for a hockey tournament. I would recomend not staying in this hotel. The room smelled like burned wires as a result of the ancient poorly maintained heater. Spent two nights with the window open. The housekeeper tried spraying air freshener, to no avail. The "hotel" was full, so changing rooms was not an option this is a sub par place not worth the $109 rate. To further hammer their guests they charged me a $35 "early check out fee" (I left a day early). I suppose they must sqeeze every last dollar out of their guests while they are there as I would imagine most don't return. Pass on this place, you won't regret it.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank B M
Reviewed October 9, 2012

This hotel is a dump! The furniture was from the 70's . It was next to the train station which kept us up from the trains hooking up. I came back at 11 pm with my family and had to walk through 20 people drinking beer partying in the front hallway with the receptionist . Don't waste a $1 on this place

• Stayed September 2012
1 Thank Hock29
Reviewed September 2, 2012

Once again I am staying at the Oshawa Comfort Inn. This is the place where I can stay while doing business in the Durham Region and be taken care of. The staff is very friendly and very accommodating. The rooms are clean and fully equipped with all my needs (micro-wave, fridge etc.). Parking near or right outside my door is very important to me. The location of the hotel offers easy access to all major roads (including the 401) and is located right next to the GO Train for 'traffic free' access to the Toronto area. A quick and easy breakfast is available. Major shopping areas including great restaurants, Starbucks and GoodLife are minutes away. The Oshawa Comfort Inn is a great stay at a great price...I recommend it.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Ontario
Reviewed August 13, 2012

Stayed for 2 nights over the weekend. Breakfast was not satisfying, waffles were strange-covered in some kind of glaze or sugar. We are not that picky, but they only had the very basic breakfast items. No boiled eggs, or english muffins one day, but had them the other. Rooms were very clean, felt comfortable walking on the carpet in bare feet. Beds were kind of hard, but had a mattress topper that helped. Hallway noise was a little annoying if you are a light sleeper, as well as the AC unit is quite noisy when it comes on. Parking is free and super easy. Housekeeping respected the Do Not Disturb sign we hung out.

Room Tip: No elevator, choose floor appropriately.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed July 17, 2012

I stayed here for one night and found everything to be fine. I liked that breakfast was served at 6.00 a.m. and that it was better than just toast and juice. I walked from the train station, about 10 minutes. Anyone coming by train needs to make sure that they are the right side of the 401. The map shows closer hotels but they are the wrong side of the 401.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Oshawa
Downtown Oshawa
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Oshawa Downtown - Toronto Area
Vanier
Travelodge Oshawa Whitby
Quality Suites
#2 of 7 in Whitby
Residence Inn Whitby
#1 of 7 in Whitby

Been to Comfort Inn? Share your experiences!