“Excellent & Reasonable but NO WIFI in room”

Residence & Conference Centre - Oshawa
Reviewed July 11, 2014

The room was adequate, reasonable, but the only downfall for me was NO WIFI in room. They had a lovely continental breakfast , and for an extra $4.00 you could add sausage, eggs and waffle. It was clean, quiet and reasonably priced. It was tucked away a bit, and took a little extra time to find but was glad we stayed and would definitely recommend it was well as stay again if needed.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with friends
There are newer reviews for Residence & Conference Centre - Oshawa

Reviewed July 11, 2014

could not find a motel no vacancy we had a fast funeral stuck hotel . com expedia recommended residence conference centre Oshawa we were hesitant it was a college we had doubts it was amazing loved it !!! two bedroom suite kitchenette microwave tv fridge bathroom spotless cleaner than motel and I worked in one!!!!! no towel shortage lots hot water comfy beds so quiet!73.00 for nite! better than a motel!! big cafeteria free continental breakfast a lot to choose eat or a big breakfast for 3.99 so good!

Room Tip: pictures on computer I think rooms are same spacious note two bedrooms but beds are doubles 4 people...
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed June 30, 2014

I took a chance and booked here for an overnight stay. As others have said, the room is a two bed room mini suite. The sitting area is very tiny, but it doesn't really need to be larger. The kitchenette has a microwave and a fridge. It was clean and comfortable. The free breakfast was a nice continental one, but you could also buy a hot breakfast (eggs, oatmeal, sausage, etc.) for only $4. The only negative is that WiFi is available only in the lobby, not in the rooms.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed June 17, 2014

I stayed at the Residence & Conference Centre - Oshawa for a conference, and I really enjoyed it!. The entire building was very clean, and the staff was super friendly, and happy to help with anything I needed. The beds were very comfortable, and I slept like a baby!
The conference facilities inside the school were amazing as well!
I would definitely recommend this place to anyone staying in Oshawa!

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed June 9, 2014

It's not a boutique hotel, that's for sure, but it's a super great value. There are quite a few places to eat in the surrounding area and it's about a 15 minute drive from downtown. The breakfast is very ordinary. Recommended.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed May 17, 2014

It was a very convenient place to stay. The continental breakfast was pretty good. The staff was great very friendly and helpful. The rooms smelled and looked clean. The beds were not to comfortable and the bedding needs an update but they both seemed clean. We were close to shopping and food. Food was within walking distance and shopping about a 5 minute drive away. Close to highways and the traffic was pretty good. We would stay here again if we were in the area.

Room Tip: The rooms that had 2 separate bedrooms were great for us but they have 1 room places as well.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed May 16, 2014 via mobile

Been meaning to post this for a while. I stayed at this dorm place thing around this time last year (2013) with my mom, while we were in the area for a bowling tournament I was in. I tried to give them a chance because it's a college residence. Rooms were a good size, and cleanliness was good. Aside from that, the walls were paper thin. I couldn't really sleep because there were people running up and down the halls and all I could hear was them yelling. So annoying! The next morning we went to the breakfast. The cafeteria was a good size and clean as well. However the breakfast it's self was just blah. I don't have any other word for it. Long story short, everything was wrong with it.

I do realize now that a year after I stayed there, my review/opinion probably doesn't matter anymore. Either way, I wouldn't stay here again, and I deffinately wouldn't recommend it to anybody.

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank Lisa K
Also consider these accommodations in or near Oshawa
Downtown Oshawa
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Oshawa Downtown - Toronto Area
Quality Suites
#2 of 7 in Whitby
Vanier
Travelodge Oshawa Whitby
Residence Inn Whitby
#1 of 7 in Whitby

Been to Residence & Conference Centre - Oshawa? Share your experiences!