“Could it get any worse!”

Bloor Street Restaurant & Lounge
Ranked #110 of 418 Restaurants in Oshawa
Cuisines: Canadian
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Families with children, Business meetings, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Buffet, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Bloor Street Restaurant& Lounge provides an inviting decor with a diverse and a modern menu, that will ensure everyone will find a new favourite. Bloor Street offers a relaxing environment with good drinks, great food and excellent service making it easy for you to enjoy first class food and service without having to leave the hotel. If curling up in your comfy bed with dinner and a movie is more your style, Bloor Street has you covered with our available room service menu. Bloor Street Restaurant & Lounge is open daily for Breakfast and Dinner. Unwind with a cool beverage or light snack in Bloor Street Lounge and watch the game on our big screen TV or just relax over a drink with friends.In our commitment to make you feel at home every detail is important to us. Nothing can make you feel more at home than a good meal. We are committed to making your stay enjoyable in every way.
Reviewed December 31, 2015

We went to your 3:30 Christmas Day seating and let me tell you that was by far one of the worst dining experiences I have ever had. 5 people - $325 and I cannot even begin to tell you the absolutely terrible service we had. We come in and we are seated in a dismal back room with 2 televisions on, however there is a great table by a Christmas tree empty for the whole seating. There is not enough cutlery on the table. We are seated for about 10 minutes and we just figure we will go to the buffet. We waited for about 30 minutes to get some water and drinks. There was a lot of plates piling up on our table before anyone came to clear them. The server was having a great time chatting away with a table. Which is fine but seriously we paid a lot of money and we got zero service. I wanted some more roast beef but the guy was busy taking out desserts. My husband wanted more Turkey but it was gone. My son in law wanted more bread it was gone. The salad ran out and there were hardly any desserts left by the time we went up and certainly none of the ones advertised. No one to help at all. Took half an hour to get the servers attention for tea. She asked me if we had sugar and milk. I had no idea the table was piled with uncleared dishes.
The plates for dinner were all wet. My tea cup was crackedand dirty. I asked what the desserts were on the table as I have a nut allergy and I was told no clue. When we left there was lots of staff saying bye etc. Where were they when we were eating, looking for service?
I will always remember this Christmas as one of the most disappointing . Your service was terrible. Your food seems to have run out. No service at all!

1  Thank Goosh98

Reviewed September 21, 2015

Food was average but good. No menu available when we stayed... buffet style. We found it a bit pricey for buffet with limited choice.

Reviewed September 17, 2015

Dinner was excellent but the wait was 30 - 45 minutes. The fish and chips, the sweet potatoe fries and the hamburgers are excellent.

Reviewed May 13, 2015

I was at an work event and the food was terrible - many people were angry about having to pay the price.

Reviewed March 31, 2014

They seemed to let the food on the breakfast buffet run out even though it was open til 11:00 and it was 10:30 when we went in. The price was high for the food and the service.

2  Thank Valerie S