“HOT place...”
Review of The Corral

The Corral
Ranked #276 of 460 Restaurants in Oshawa
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

There is a time to laugh,a time to cry, a time eat,and a time to dance, And that we do.....the mystery couple that show, eat then dance the night away......You will know that once you are there, If you can keep up ! OH yah. Keep it goin girl !!!! This is the HOT place we head about 10 years ago . And we are still goijng to this HOT-SPOT ! Never gonna stop .

Date of visit: August 2019
Write a reviewReviews (3)
Reviewed September 1, 2018 via mobile

Waited over an hour for a server or any live body to come to our table to order food and drinks. There was a decent live country band, and a handful of customers, and a few very miserable staff who clearly didn't wish to be there.
We finally picked up and left. Will never ever go back.my recommendation to the owner or manager is to revamp the culture, and layoff the entire staff. Or go bankrupt.

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed January 16, 2017

A large group of people were planning a girls night at the Corral. We reviewed the website and found that Friday nights they offered dinner and drink (beer or wine) for $10 before 9 pm. We went for 7:30 pm. Once there, they said that deal was no longer available. Why was it then still advertised on their website. Sounds like a bait and switch to me. They also advertised $4.95 drinks Fridays - but again that was not honored. On the radio, they advertised wings/beer for $10 but the waitress told us that was not offered either. WTF? So, instead of $10 for my dinner and first drink, it was closer to $24! The food was terrible! We all agreed and will never be back for the food. Most of us ordered the burgers and fries. The fries were cold, the burger was gross! One person ordered the beef o juc and the 'jucie' was like dish-water. Yuck!

Friday nights they offer line dancing instruction for additional cost. Looked like fun but you have to get there prior to 7 to join in.

They had a band Friday night but they didn't know the words and used an Ipad to sing along. Didn't realize it was karaoke! The DJ was good and that is when most of the dancing happened.

If you wanted to dance, you could not bring your drink on the dance floor. Having been slipped a drug in a drink before (at the Corral - years ago) my drink was not going to be left unattended. I was standing with my drink (sort-of dancing) in the "seating zone" and was told I was not allowed to do that either.

They have two "pay per play" pool tables which was reasonable at $2 a play.

If you wanted a draft beer, you had to go the "other side" - the new second half of the corral (used to be their outdoor smokers patio - so glad that is gone). I did enjoy the craft beer on tap and I could carry it over to the 'club' side.

I was happy to see the average age for a Friday night was a mature audience (40 +).

Date of visit: January 2017

Been to The Corral? Share your experiences!