“Great wings. Friendly bar”

The Firehall Cool Bar Hot Grill
Ranked #58 of 495 Restaurants in Oakville
Cuisines: Canadian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed September 16, 2012

This has become our regular Friday night place for dinner. Great wings - try the Buffalo chicken salad- fabulous. Friendly staff and the manager is always around greeting the guests. Can be a bit of a wait getting a table or a stool at the bar on Friday nights because it is so popular. Worth the wait though.

Reviewed September 15, 2012

Husband and myself went for a late afternoon lunch on the patio. We shared a pulled pork poutine which was good and the perogies which were pretty tasty, the waitress however was terrible, never checked on us to see how our food was and to see if we needed more to drink! We finished and went inside to get our bill and couldn't find our server...so the hostess had to go find her and get her to give us our bill. Our server could tell we were NOT impressed and comped our drinks but the damage was done. We won't be back and I have emailed the manager to let them know just how crappy the experience was. Not my first time with horrible service here either, hadn't been back in a few years and decided against my better judgement and tried again.

DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY

3  Thank Shannon B
Reviewed June 22, 2012

The Firehall is a great casual dinning spot for wings and has a wonderful patio for the summer. My husband and I have been here a number of times and always walk away happy.

Reviewed May 28, 2012

Went for a lunch with a colleague on a Friday - chose the fish and chips and got to guess a coin flip for a free fish lunch - and I got lucky. The food was okay, not the best fish and chips in the world, but hey, the price was right!

1  Thank Melsm57
Reviewed April 15, 2012

With great wings comes long waits. Especially on half price wing night. Even more so in the summer.

Let's say first that you cant expect to just walk in on half price wing night. Expect at least a 30 minute wait, could be closer to an hour on tuesdays in the summer. The service is never really amazing and will be quite slow on wing nights. Again, its a trade off here; mediocre service but awesome wings.

That being said, the wait is worth it. Their wings are amazing. They are massive and their sauces are awesome.

Despite it being crazy on wing nights, we've always had our wings brought to us pretty hot (temperature-wise).

I've tried the following sauces (all on breaded wings): Mild, Medium, Hot, Honey garlic, Honey Hot, Baja Chipotle, Sweet Chile and Tahi Spicy. All of them are great - maybe not so much for the honey garlic. I'll probably try the remaining one's I haven't yet tried in the near future.

My one gripe food-wise would be that the honey garlic wings always seem to be skimped on the sauce.

As for non-wing discussion: the beer is usually cold. A couple times I've had to send it back for being too warm, but the staff was happy to oblige.

In terms of sides/appetizers, the fries are never really hot. Id say don't order them as a side. Id recommend the fried pickle spears instead. Those were piping hot, crunchy and the dip was good.

Its nice to sit on the patio in the summer at this place as well.

You definitely are missing out if you haven't tried their wings; just don't expect quick service or no lines.