“More Than we could Eat!”
Review of East Side Mario's

East Side Mario's
Reserve with OpenTable
East Side Mario's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #352 of 485 Restaurants in Oakville
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: Hey Budda Boom Budda Bing! We are the Home of All-You-Can-Eat soup or salad and garlic home loaf and offer delicious Italian meals at great value. At East Side Mario’s your family is our family and we are committed to deliver Amore in everything we do!
Toronto, Canada
“More Than we could Eat!”
Reviewed December 29, 2013

We had made a reservation, so we were immediately seated. Our very friendly waiter made sure we were well looked after with re-fills of salad, soups and bread sticks. Our main courses of fish, steak and seafood were excellent. Although we were seated (booth) by the food serving thoroughway, it wasnt an issue. In retrospect it was probably an advantage.

The strategy of my daughter and boyfriend is to fill up on the unlimited soup, warm bread and salad and then take home the main course! A two for one meal, especially when parents are paying!

I cant remember his name, if he ever told us, but he made our dinner experience quite fun. Helped us to over-tip.

• Visited December 2013

Hamilton, Canada
“surprised after looking over the reviews”
Reviewed November 30, 2013

I usually use tripadvisor as my bible so im surprised at the negitive reviews. I have eaten at this location a few times and always have had very good service. The food has never differed from any other restuarants so I always happy to eat there.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank john j
Jekyll Island, Georgia
“Easy Italian”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

FAMILY DINNER for 5. Well prepared, we all had different dishes and left full. Interesting bread treatment, served in a bag that had been heated, very tasty

• Visited August 2013
Toronto, Canada
“Good food, poor service”
Reviewed August 24, 2013

We were seated and then waited a very long time before anyone came by to take our drink order. We were then ignored for a long time and finally we were brought some bread. The waiter came by and said he couldn't remember what we had ordered. When our food came, my order was completely wrong. I ate some of it anyway, because it was late and we wanted to get home. Plus, I didn't want to ruin the evening for my family by complaining. The funny thing was that it didn't take long for the waiter to bring our bill.

• Visited August 2013
Mississauga, Canada
“What do you get when you cross bad service, bad food and dishonest management?”
Reviewed August 13, 2013

Where do I start?

My girlfriend and I arrived after 9pm as we intended to take place of the half price appetizers at that time. The hostess asked where we would like to sit and we told her that it didn't matter as we just wanted the half price appetizers. She seated us in the dining area.

We ordered our appetizers - and it started to go downhill from there. The veggies that came with the wings were literally moldy and brown in parts. Yet, they still served them to us! We told the waitress about it and she got us replacement ones and apologized. It happened AGAIN. So we just opted not to eat the gross vegetables.

The wings and the other app we got (some breaded thing covered in parm cheese) were below average at BEST and that is being generous. The food was just bad.

To top it all off - when we got our bill we were charged full price. We disputed this. I spoke to the restaurant manager, "Donna". She was very rude. She told us that it is for the bar section only. I explained the the hostess had seated us here after we wanted the half priced appetizers. She didn't care and refused to honour the advertisement. I asked for the head office number as I realized she was not going to help me. On her way back, my girlfriend observed her rolling her eyes to the waitress. How professional, right?

So we left - angry. I sent an email to the owner of the restaurant where he apologized for it all and offered to send us a gift certificate for the difference. I wanted more than that for the pathetic service but he refused. So, I accepted and gave him my address to mail the coupon. I did not intend to return and was going to give the coupon to someone who may like the place (if there was anyone), but guess what? After I gave him my mailing address, no more responses to emails, no coupon in the mail - NOTHING.

This place is an absolute joke. From the service, to the food and finally to the management.

Do NOT support this place.

• Visited June 2013