“Lovely weekday breakfast spot” 4 of 5 bubbles

Stoney's Bread Company
Ranked #3 of 474 Restaurants in Oakville
Cuisines: American, Canadian
Good for: Local cuisine, Kids, Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Dinner, Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Ottawa, Canada
“Lovely weekday breakfast spot”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2012

My sister and I dined her the last time I was in Oakville.

We practically had the place to ourselves!

We ordered at the counter, got our coffees and sat down. Our food was brought to our table, and it was lovely and fresh.

My eggs were cooked well, and the side salad was tasty. The best part was the fresh bread served alongside both. Unfortunately, I can no longer eat bread, but if you can, I highly recommend this place. I'd go back and eat the eggs and salad again on their own.

Service was friendly, and coming from Ottawa, I thought prices were reasonable.

• Visited November 2011

“Conflicted”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 3, 2012 via mobile

We were invited for a birthday brunch 9:45 am. All windows were open...it was freezing. Ingredients were fresh. Too much bread portion. Great coffee-no free refills... tough for breakfast to get by with only one cup. The result, more expensive meal, and even the coffee did not warm us up.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank teacherbev
Calgary, Canada
“My #1 in Oakville”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2012

As someone who used to live in Oakville, Stoney's is the one restaurant I enjoy visiting time and time again. The service is fast and friendly, the prices are reasonable and the food is always delicious. They had an extensive menu, with lots of different cheeses, meats and flavors, making it a favorite for picky and adventurous eaters alike. Their daily specials are delicious, especially their burgers. Other favorites of mine included their spinach and pear salad, goat cheese salad, and ratatouille and goat cheese sandwich. I asked for the last item on field greens instead of naan this weekend and they were more than happy to oblige. My tips
1. go early for lunch or dinner because it gets busy
2. Sunday brunch is superb but expect a line up
3. come hungry because servings are large and filling.

Many of the side streets also have free parking. Its a bit longer walk but saves you a couple bucks.

• Visited September 2012
Toronto, Canada
“An Oakville Classic”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 28, 2012 via mobile

I have been coming to Stoney's with friends for a few years now. The food is to die-for. Just had breakfast here recently - shared the Stoney's Omlette with an extra side of Foccacia, and it was delicious as always. Their Caesar salad is flavourful and fresh, especially with the touch of balsamic vinegar reduction added. I've had many items on the menu, my favourite being the Gusieppe's pizza - a thin crust pizza with an array of meats. The thing about Stoney's for me is consistency - everything whether eat-in or take out is always delicious and exact same as the previous time I ordered. Yes, it is sometimes annoying to get a table when it's busy, but there is a line up out the door for breakfast, lunch, dinner and Sunday brunch for a reason! This place is a can't-miss!!

Oakville, Ontario, Canada
“Probably the Best Value for Money in Oakville”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 26, 2012

This place is great - really tasty food and not expensive - yes you have to line up to order your food but its not a biggie. If you have not been do yourself a favour and go for Sunday brunch.

1 Thank Steven L