“Fun place, but it's closing”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Arnold's Funland Entertainment
Ranked #356 of 491 Restaurants in Oakville
Reviewed March 18, 2013

I have played beach volleyball at Arnold's for years and love it there. They have the biggest and best patio in Oakville. It is a party place and a younger crowd on weekends, but they also have their regulars, lots of pool tables, fun place.

Yes, I can see how it's not really a dinner place. We never ordered more than fries or a burger, but there were no complaints.

My rating is based on my experience and the atmosphere, not the food.

The closing party in March 23, 2013.

I will miss Arnold's, lots of great volleyball times, met some good friends there.

1  Thank suehutch
Reviewed January 18, 2013

Two weeks ago, I went to Arnolds with some friends for a mid-week dinner of wings. I ordered wings with the garlic-butter parmesan sauce, fries, and a cesar salad. The salad and fries arrived together, sadly, but it was almost an hour before the wings were put in front of me. In summary, the cesar was awful, with fake bacon bits, a bottled dressing that only vaguely resembled something cesar-like, and improperly cut lettuce. The tardy wings were vastly overcooked, and I didn't particularly like the garlic-butter parmesan coating. The only enjoyable part of my meal was the Guinness, and Arnold's can't take any credit for that.

The waitress did deduct the wings from my bill, but the Arnolds experience was such that I won't go back. There are lots of resaurants out there with MUCH better quality food and service.

Stuart

Reviewed December 12, 2012

Last evening, I went o Arnold's for dinner with a dozen friends, and I've regretted it ever since

I ordered two pounds of wings with three different sauces. When the plate arrived at the table, I noted to the waiter that the wings all looked the same. He then told me that all sauces had been mixed together. So . . . imagine if you can . . . chicken wings coated with a combination of medium BBQ, jerk, and garlic-butter parmesan. I tried one wing and the result can only be described as hideous - the unfortunate result of the pairing of ignorance and ineptitude. Back to the kitchen they went.

The calamari I ordered as an appetizer came at the same time as the wings. The pieces were small; the ratio of batter to calamari was something in the order of 4:1; and they came accompanied by a few small nuggets of lettuce and some sour cream. Sour cream and calamari??!!!! No lemon, no tartar sauce, no house dip of any kind - intereting or otherwise. Quite disappointing.

My friend sitting to my left ordered a Reuben Sandwich. What arrived at the table was toasted, not grilled; it had no melted cheese; and was not accompanied by any kraut or dressing. I don't know what it was, but it certainly wasn't a Reuben. It got rejected too.

Across the table, a friend had ordered only a coffee cocktail (Monte Cristo?). The drink that came was cold coffee with no whipped cream and no cherry garnishes.

One of our group never did get his order filled.

The waitress didn't know the beers on tap and couldn't give any information about anyting on the menu except the burger. I should cut her a bit of slack, I suppose, because she'd only been on the job for 4 days. But still . . . .

Service was slow throughout, in spite of the fact there were only 3 other patrons in the place besides our group. I now think there are good reasons why there were so few customers.

Arnold's is supposedly sporting an all-new menu. I don't know what the previous iteration of this restaurant was like; but based on our experience last night, I strongly advise everyone to STAY AWAY FROM ARNOLD'S!!! I hope it dies a quick and early death. Its successor - ANY successor, can only be better.

As for our group, we abandoned this gastronomic abomination, and settled in around the corner at Philthy Mcnasty's where we got good service and good food. Ya can't ask for much more than that.

Don