“Nice restaurant to meet in” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Alice Fazooli's

Alice Fazooli's
Reserve with OpenTable
Alice Fazooli's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #104 of 474 Restaurants in Oakville
Cuisines: Italian, Canadian
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Winston Churchill & QEW
Pictou County, Nova Scotia
“Nice restaurant to meet in”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 27, 2013 via mobile

I was surprised when I saw the name of the restaurant on Trip Advisor as the "Crab" part has siddled off into history. I did make a comment at dinner saying I was surprised tjere was no fish on the menu at all. Having said that, we enjoyed osso bucco, calamari putanesca, as well as the calamari fritti. The "large" antipasti platter was overpriced and tasty but not worth it. Service, by Erin, was great as she seemed to keep an eye on us and know exactly when to come to our table. No crab - but I don't recall seeing any indication of that name outside - perhaps it is, but unimportant to our group. Thank you, Erin!

Visited September 2013

Greater Toronto Area
“Alice Fazooli's for dinner”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 16, 2013

We used to love this restaurant when it first opened years ago and although the food is still good, we were disappointed in the menu changes - miss the alligator, heart attack garlic bread and wild game choice - and whatever happened to the crab ?!! We feel it has fallen in it's original quality and now on par with the other chain restaurants which disappoints me. The menu seems to have shrunk to one page and had many lunch style meals that could translate from lunch to dinner, I guess I was expecting more dinner options beyond pasta, pizza, salad and chicken. We keep trying once every other year hoping in a change for the better (back to original) and I guess it will be a while before we try again.
Having said that, my food was cooked well with the side veggies nice and crisp. Love the atmosphere and the language lesson in the bathroom which is a unique touch. Although I did love the selection of music, my table which included a teenager felt that it was not appropriate dinner music for the ambiance and a little too loud (it was Saturday night so not sure if that made a difference).

• Visited September 2013
Oakville, Canada
“Should be trying harder”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2013

Given its location, in an "entertainment district" close to the former AMC - now Cineplex theatres, I guess they have a certain percentage clientele locked in. None-the-less, this is fast food presented with a bow for people who don't want to be seen at the nearby Boston Pizza. I ordered the veal parmigiana sandwich and my son went for the dinner version. We both agreed that while the veal coating had a nice crispness, it had absolutely no seasoning. There was no flavour to either version of the dish - even the parmigiano cheese had no flavour - how is this possible? The women tried the pasta and were not impressed either. The spaghetti ($17 no meatballs!) sauce was unappealing and the vodka penne may eventually acquire a flavour in its next reincarnation. The blandness of the dinner entrees was replicated in the desserts. At $120 for four (no drinks or wine), we could have had the same quality (or better?) for half the price at BP.

• Visited June 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Mississauga, Canada
“good food & portion”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2013

We came with friends for lunch. I was impressed as how it looks, open space. The server was very knowledgeable & pleasant. The food were tasty & good portion. They had the Snapper fish special & 4 of us all ordered same. The problem is they were 1 short ,so one of us has to order a shrimps in angel hair which was also good.The price was reasonable but a bit expensive for a lunch menu. We'll surely be back for more, worth recommending specially for office workers close to it.

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
“Italian? Really?”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 20, 2013

Well, they call themselves Italian restaurant.
Ok then.
We got a free kids meal a while ago and went to this place to give it a shot.
Food is not exceptional, just average.
Service slow.