“nice clean place to stay”

Staybridge Suites Oakville
Ranked #6 of 11 Hotels in Oakville
Oakville, Canada
“nice clean place to stay”
Reviewed May 28, 2014

I found the Suite to be a good size with two separate rooms. We checked in late and the stay included breakfast. The hotel staff were friendly, the place was clean and well priced for what you received. I would stay there again

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Julian B, Front Office Manager at Staybridge Suites Oakville, responded to this review, June 18, 2014
Dear Valued Guest (s),

Thank you for recent stay with us and sharing your wonderful feedback! As always, we strive on ensuring customer satisfaction and we are delighted to hear you enjoyed us! Your feedback will be conveyed to our staff and managers of the hotel!

Once again, thank you for taking the time to convey your experience, we look forward to serving you in the near future!

Kind Regards,
Julian
Duty Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed March 23, 2014

Review: Our stay at the Staybridge Suites Oakville Burlington.

I think we are in a good situation as we've stayed at this "home away from home" for the last year, full-time.
After travelling across North America in a Motorhome for 2 ½ year, we decided we wanted to settle in the GTA. As we did not know where exactly we wanted to move, we decided to stay temporarily at the Staybridge Suites Oakville Burlington.
The first impression you get when you check in is the feeling you're living in a very nice and clean place. The suites come in 3 floor plans: Studio, One bedroom and 2 bedrooms. They all have a kitchen (Residence-size Fridge, 2 stoves, Microwave, Dishwasher, sink, and all the small appliances you need). Then you have a living room, big LED tv, comfortable couch and chair, a big work desk with chairs. You have many options in the bedrooms as in any hotels, but you can be certain the mattresses are comfortable as well. This is a young hotel, nothing is broken, but if something breaks, Dennis the maintenance guy is not only extremely competent, but he's a kind and professional individual.

To complete your experience, the staff at the Staybridge know what "hospitality" means! If we ever had any question, problem or request, they did their very best to address our issue promptly and always, always with courtesy.

This is a family-friendly place as well. Everything is close by, and when you cannot go out, the pool (Really heated, contrarily to other hotels..) is always a great place to meet new friends and have fun. For the adults, your stay at the hotel also mean the little extras you would not get anywhere else: a good-size gym with cardio equipment and work-out machines, a 5-seats private movie room, a business center with computers and printer, a common room, and lastly for when you need a break, 7 breakfasts per week and 4 dinners from Monday to Thursday (most Staybridge do not offer Dinner on Mondays..)
So as we are getting closer to our move day in our new home, I cannot help being grateful for the great experience my family and I had for the last 13 months. Treat yourself right.. If you need a great place to stay, temporarily, for work, vacation, relocation or other, Give them a try.
Simon D. Scott, Actor Page

Room Tip: If you're staying for a while, the rooms facing the parking lot in front of the main entrance ha...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
HotelManager1111, Manager at Staybridge Suites Oakville, responded to this review, March 25, 2014
Dear Valued Guest (s):

Thank you for taking the time to convey your experience with us! We are extremely happy to hear we've done an exceptional job for you and your family! It's been an absolute pleasure for us to serve you! We wish you and your family nothing but the best in your new home!

Once again, thank you choosing the Staybridge Suites Oakville and looking forward to working with you in the future.

Omemee, Canada
Reviewed November 25, 2013

I was staying at this hotel because I had a conference in Oakville. It is a little removed from everything. There are few amenities in this area. The hotel is clean and the room a living room with a functional desk, a fully stocked kitchen, a bathroom with an outside sink and mirror and a separate room for the bedroom. There is a heated pool, an average gym and a laundry room. The bed was comfortable and I slept like a baby. The people working at the hotel were super friendly and helpful.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed October 21, 2013 via mobile

i have been a platinum member with priority club for 4 years and have been visiting a variety of their hotel brands particularly the staybridge suites because I have kids and i like their suites. I have also managed to accumulate > 300000 points but this did not get me or my family any platinum treatment this unusually different hotel. we were visiting to attend a wedding in the reception hall next to it, too bad from the beginning to the end it was a bad experience. Usually with the platinum status I get a room upgrade if available. when I checked in , I was told that although there is availability but I will not be granted the upgrade and that 2 double beds in one bedroom that I already booked is the best I can get, so I did not argue and decided to shut up. the next day at 9am the door opens with the housekeeper opening the door while we were in our underwear to do our rooms, I run to close it and tell her to please come back in 2 hours. when we come back at 3pm the room was not done, so I call and they tell me that the housekeepers will leave at 4pm and they will send somebody, so I wait till 330 and call again urging them to send somebody which they finally did at 345pm. that night we leave for dinner and I ask them about fixing the room for saturday (the wedding day) and they told me to call the desk to ask for it in the morning. In the morning of the wedding I go downstairs and ask for the light touch for the room and they say no we cannot do it, you should have asked yesterday, I swallowed my anger and told them at least put some towels and shampoo in the room which I found thrown on the business desk after 3 hours. the room not cleaned and the old towels left on the floor. we go the wedding party at night, dance and party till 2am in the morning leaving the kids in the dirty room with the babysitter .the next day at 9am,the day we are leaving, guess what , the housekeeper knocks on the door waking us up to fix the room. I nicely asked her to come back after checkout at noon.
I usually believe in talking to managers first before filing a complaint( which is the first time I do it for staybridge), but I do not think that would be helpful in this case, and besides I was not looking for a bargain or a discount. I would not recommend this hotel to animals so please if you like to be treated like a regular client(not a platinum one) and would like to sleep and like to have a clean room, all basics, look somewhere else.

Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Khazik77
HotelManager1111, Manager at Staybridge Suites Oakville, responded to this review, October 22, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. My sincere apologies to you and your family with the experience you've noted. I would like the opportunity to speak with your directly so I can personally look into this matter. Your loyalty to our brand is sincerely appreciated and I would like the opportunity to make it right.

Once again, my sincere apologies and hope to speak with you soon.

289-291-4730
Canada
Reviewed October 18, 2013

My husband booked this hotel for an overnight stay to celebrate my Birthday last weekend. He booked a suite with smoking that we didn't receive. We were told at the front desk that it was being used by someone who had decided to extend their stay. The worst part was that there was a Children's Lacrosse Team staying at the hotel for the weekend. Our suite was across from the Pool and Exercise room and was used by them all day Saturday with a lot of noise. We planned on using the Pool but could not. They were also sitting in the hall in front of room. Breakfast was included but we could not utilise because it was too crowded and there was not anywhere to sit. We ended up going to a restaurant to eat. My husband was not happy with what he paid and should have been notified beforehand regarding the conditions for the weekend. He would have made reservations elsewhere. We received a survey on Monday regarding our stay and have five days later not received any response from the hotel.

Room Tip: The suite is nice but be sure that you receive what you pay for.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank eichenlaub
HotelManager1111, Manager at Staybridge Suites Oakville, responded to this review, October 19, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

My sincere apologies for the experience you've recently posted. I am unsure why you have not received the response we have provided immediately after your survey was completed. As mentioned in my response to your previous feedback provided through your third party booking, we are sincerely sad to hear your stay was unsatisfactory and wish we can further discuss this matter.

289-291-4730
Hamilton, Canada
Reviewed September 4, 2013

we stayed there for couple weeks and all i can say is that the service, room was very good. No complaints at all. Staff are very friendly, breakfast was good...The Monday to Thursday light dinners they do are nice and the hotel is very quiet and not old. We booked a 1 bedroom suite and its spacious and perfect for us. The gym area is small yet it was nice to have as well as the swimming pool.All in all, it was a good deal. The

Room Tip: Call to get a better deal
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
HotelManager1111, Manager at Staybridge Suites Oakville, responded to this review, September 19, 2013
Dear Valued Guest (s):

scot
Reviewed September 1, 2013

We were booked into this hotel for 7 nights however after the first night I got a call from Scotland telling me that my father had passed. I cannot remember much more of my stay only to say that the staff were excellent and could not do enough for me. I went to a friends house and my husband went back and packed up our things to fly home.

Everyone was very nice and from what I can remember about the suite the only thing we did not have was a kettle. Small thing in the circumstances.

I am going to write direct to the hotel and thank them

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Valued Guest (s);

Thank you for your most recent stay with us and taking the time to share your experience. Our thoughts and simpathy goes to you and your family. We were aware of the situation and tried our best to assist in any way possible.