“All smiles after my stay.”

Staybridge Suites Oakville
Ranked #6 of 11 Hotels in Oakville
Seattle, Washington
“All smiles after my stay.”
Reviewed August 4, 2011

! was very pleased with my stay here. The hotel provides a nice breakfast and an excellent light dinner. One night they had a barbeque on the patio outside of the pool. I arrived late and the staff was very hospitable and made sure I had some food to eat. Also, one of ths staff moved his car and offered me his parking space. Those small touches really make a business travel experience so much nicer. Had everything I could need in my room including a full size refrigerator and sink. Room and bathroom were spotless. I highly recommend this property!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Ontario Canada
Reviewed July 21, 2011

Even though we live in Oakville, my family and I have stayed at the Oakville Staybridge Suites several times over the last few years and have had a great experience each and every time. The front desk staff are always pleasant and helpful and the amenities are clean and relaxing.
We have always stayed in a suite which makes it feel more like a condo and less like a hotel as the decor is fresh and beautiful and provides a pampering feel to the stay.
I have recommended it to travelling visitors who have always had a very positive experience. We really enjoyed using the Theatre room to stretch out and and enjoy a movie in a mini-theatre-like setting.
I wish they had the light dinners extended into the weekend as it is so convenient and one of the main reasons we feel the value is worth the stay.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed July 16, 2011

We stayed there overnight after a friend's wedding. This is the first hotel I stay at where the TVs are flat LCD screens. On the positive side: Rooms very clean, nicely appointed, well furnished, kitchen is well equiped, staff incredibly friendly as it is expected of Canadian service, breakfast runs good hours and it's both abundant and well varied. For a pet-friendly hotel one could not see pets anywhere. The only negative comments are (1) there is a lack of ammenities and things to do for families. (2) the elevator was super slow (3) there is no service elevator for the house-keeping staff so it gets very busy sometimes (4) my biggest dissapointment was the pool and the gym. As an avid active traveller I like swimming and using the fitness facilities. The swimming pool had a dark rim of dark grease just above the water-line. The water did not smell like clorine thus adding to the feeling of swimming in filth.The water tasted salty from human sweat as opposed to clean from clorine. There were no change rooms near the pool. The shower was in open plain view next to the pool and the dirty water from the shower ran into the pool itself. There were visible signs cracks on the tiles under the shower. Tiles had been caulked but still looked terrible. (5) the gym does not have any weights except two sets of dumbbells and a less than 5 machines. I would stay at this place again but adjust my expectations for the fitness facilities and will stay away from the swimming pool

Room Tip: Have the pull out couch made-out in advance. Windows do open for fresh air
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
London, Canada
Reviewed February 24, 2011

Always enjoy the change of pace when staying at a Staybridge Suites Hotel - pretty consistent and good value. However, this facility with 105 rooms has a dining room sitting area that is more suited for a hotel with half or a third of that many rooms. This was disappointing as I was looking forward to sitting down to have a quick breakfast when there were no seats or room available. I looked around to see if there was an overflow room but no - nothing. Just too cramped in that main floor area as opposed to others that I have stayed at.
So for this reason alone, I was not ready to give a high rating nor will I stay here again unless everything else is sold out.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
Ontario, Canada
Reviewed November 1, 2010

We picked Staybridge based on Trip Advisor reviews. We needed a hotel while our condo in Oakville was being renovated. We checked the rate a month ahead of time but did not book as we did not have the final start date for our renovation. When we did book the rate was close to $40 more a night than quoted. The explanation was that they quoted a longer stay (7 night rate and although in November we would be staying at least 14 days but have a break in our days). When quoted there were not qualifiers stated on the rate even when I asked.

We explained our situation when we made the reservation and we were told to talk to Michelle. We found that Michelle was not helpful and had a "that's your problem" attitude.

We are staying here just one night and then moving to the Quality Suites. They were extremely helpful and offered us a much better rate.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
GeneralManager65, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Oakville, responded to this review, November 24, 2010
Dear Customer: We appreciate and value your feedback while we are disappointed to hear about your recent experience at our hotel.
I would like to take the opportunity to clarify how the extended stay rates work at Staybridge Suites.
All rates are based on the length of stay, ie. The longer the stay, the lower the rate. The rate tiers are grouped as follows: 1 to 6 nights-7 to 14 nights -15 to 29 nights and 30 + nights. Once these rates have been booked, any change to arrival or departure dates can modify the rate booked. It is also important to know that any interruption in the booked stay will also have an impact on the rate, as the length of stay is based on consecutive nights.
I hope we clarified the concerns and look forward to welcoming you back to our Staybridge Suites in Oakville.

Kind regards
Marcelo Tomazo-General Manager
London, Ontario
Reviewed October 30, 2010

This is a wonderful extended stay type property. Travelled with colleagues for a one week stay while on business in the Oakville area. We had a two bedroom suite, which offered a room with one king bed and a second room with two twin beds. There was also a sleeper sofa in the living room. The room also had a full kitchen, 3 tvs, 2 bathrooms and was very comfortable with the slight exception that the noise from the nearby QEW was somewhat of a nuisance in the morning. The staff in the hotel were very accomodating. Where this hotel really excels is in the added value it provides guests. They offer a nice breakfast buffet every morning, including many hot items. Also in the evening they had a different light dinner served that was generally pretty tasty. They also provided free laundry machines, a nice little gym and a saltwater pool. The only downside to the hotel was the location. It was somewhat in an industrial area, and as such there wasnt much nearby in the form of restaurants or entertainment (though Oakville is notoriously dull in that regard)

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
Windsor
Reviewed October 26, 2010

My husband and I spent the weekend at Staybridge, Oakville and were glad we did. It was our first time at this hotel, but I am sure not our last.
The room has a fully equipped kitchen with stove, fridge, dishwasher and dishes. You get free internet, breakfast ( eggs, bacon, saugage, waffles, yogurt, juice, coffee, tea, pop, muffins and toast). Breakfast is from 7:30am till 10:am. You can help yourself to coffee, tea, juice and pop 24 hours a day. We were in a standard suite, but they have one and two bedroom suites also. We enjoyed a swim in the pool. They have an exercise room that is fully equipped, but we didn't do that.
We found the staff very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple