“Do not judge the book by the cover”
Review of Thai Satay & More - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Thai Satay & More
Cuisines: Thai
Reviewed April 3, 2012

Buffet style lunch was very delicious, Some dishes were cold when I went as the peak of people had probably left. But nonetheless the Golden Curry the Green Curry and the Beef dishes were really good. Nothing was labelled so if anyone has a particular dietary requirement, they need to have a restaurant employee guide them through it. The ambience was nothing to write home about, but the environs were clean and the crockery/ cutlery very clean. $13.99 in all. Pretty good.

Reviewed November 4, 2011

Had the buffet, wasn't impressed. Wouldn't go there again

Reviewed November 13, 2008

To begin we have been frequenting Thai Satay & More for many years since May Kernot was the owner. We have enjoyed many meals with family and friends.
Recently, we went to enjoy the lunch buffet on a weekday. We arrived at 13:45 and were told the buffet closed at 15:00.
We were seated and then went to the buffet table to enjoy our meal(s). The trays were mostly empty and we assumed that more food would be delivered shortly.
This was not the case, so we picked through the remaining food to find that the Pad Thai was just cool noodles without chicken or shrimp that we usually enjoy.
The beef and veg. dish was cold and the rice was just warm.
The shrimp dish was ok but over all the meal was a disappointment.
I returned our near full plates to the the counter with our comments delivered fairly. There was no comment by the servers.
We waited for the pans to be filled but when the food came it was a small portion and not very interesting.
When a server came to the table we politely commented our concerns. The server giggled nervously and ran off. Another server came to the table and asked what we wanted. We replied that we would like to see the buffet trays refilled so that we could enjoy our meal. She commented that they had too many people that day and ran out of food.
I went to the cash to pay saying that we should be charged for one meal reflecting the lack of food. She disagreed with my request.
I asked to see the manager and she responded that she was in charge.
I commented that in the future that we would go to "Salad Thai" in Oakville going forward. At which she replied that they "only wanted good customers and I should go to another restaurant along with my family and friends."
I paid the bill for two meals. At this time I asked for the manager's name and number.
We called the manager later on during the day and he agreed that they would give us a credit for a meal next time we go for lunch.
Overall it was a disappointment after frequenting Thai Satay & More for many years and it is unlikely that we will go there again. We did ask if the buffet was open and this provided an opportunity to tell us that they had run out of food. The "manager" was happy to take our money but didn't provide the promised food.
I would prefer to have written an excellent recommendation but feel that the new owners don't really care about their customers.

Reviewed July 19, 2008

Overall, they have good thai food. When comes to lunch buffett, they charge $6 for kids under 2.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook