“Very reliable”

IL FORNELLO, Oakville
Reserve with OpenTable
IL FORNELLO, Oakville is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #41 of 491 Restaurants in Oakville
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Dorval and North Service Rd. W
Transit: Near-by
Description: In the picturesque town of Oakville just a short drive from Toronto, IL FORNELLO is conveniently located in the Abbey Centre. A spacious interior dining room features floor to ceiling windows overlooking a large outdoor patio.
Reviewed October 8, 2012

We used to live nearby and used to enjoy Il Fornello fairly regularly. After being away for a few years, we stopped by again and we're pleased to find that both the food and service hadn't changed. Our table was right by the open kitchen, but otherwise, it was a great meal. Delicious food and relaxed atmosphere.

There are newer reviews for IL FORNELLO, Oakville

Reviewed September 20, 2012

My family and I recently went to Il Fornello for a family meal. The service was good and the food was good as well. The Roman salad with chicken was very tasty. The bill was reasonable. I would return.

1  Thank JamesII
Reviewed September 19, 2012

I tried to order takeout - pizza, pasta, salad but left with a bad taste in my mouth and no food.

I arrived at the time the order taker told me to arrive. I was a bit concerned that there was a person waiting for his order and he said he had been there a while. My concern increased further as time wore on and the two hostesses kept opening and closing boxes of food that were on a shelf, no where near a heat source, 15 minutes after I arrived I was informed it was my food.

I said I did not want cold food. The hostess asked another person to speak to me, and as I tried to tell her what was wrong, she began by telling me to "shhhh". I walked out.

I have been for lunches and dinners in the past. The food has been fine and the service fine as well. However, I'm never going back.

The manager did call our house 1 1/2 hours after I left out and offered to deliver food to make it up to us. We declined the offer.

2  Thank BooWho3
Reviewed August 11, 2012

We ate on the patio, the server was very friendly Our dinners were very good and the price was reasonable.

Reviewed May 4, 2012

I went two summers ago and it was pretty good. The chef came out and asked how we enjoyed the meal.