“oakville visit”

Ranked #19 of 491 Restaurants in Oakville
Cuisines: Italian, Latin
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Ristorante Julia is an award-winning relaxed fine dining restaurant located in the heart of Downtown Oakville, specializing in Italian and Latino cuisines.
Reviewed December 7, 2013

On my visit to Oakville, my friend who is along time customer at Julia's took me there for dinner.
We sat at a nice table by the window witch was very nicely decorated with Christmas ornaments. Our waiter came over to welcome us to Julia's, told us about their daily specials but we decided to have something off the menu . We ordered 3 dishes for 4 people and a starter, the waiter brought a bread basket with some olives before our starter came . our calamari came to the table quickly and it was done just right , lightly dusted in seasoning even the children enjoined it very much (I was very surprised since they don't care much for seafood). BEST CALAMARI . For our main course I had the pork chop with asparagus and root veg extremely big portion, I had some trouble finishing it but it was so delicious I could not stop eating . My friend had the steak with frites and some vegetables, she as well enjoyed it but ended up taking half of it home . our children split the chicken witch come with potatoes and sauce, our waiter was kind enough to let us know that the sauce is little spicy, so he recommended to have it on the side .I was very impressed with the food and atmosphere. I would definitely recommend this restaurant and I will be back again.

1  Thank lila c
There are newer reviews for Julia Ristorante

Reviewed October 13, 2013

Our family spent thanksgiving brunch at Julia's ristorante and we were Very pleased. We each ordered something different as follows.
Sweet potato crusted Salmon with quinoa -large portion of salmon, cooked perfectly, not overdone but fully cooked.
French toast, huge slices of bread with cocoanut and pineapple cream- delicious
Lobster and asparagus crepes with hollandaise sauce - very good, perfectly cooked
Warm seafood salad came with huge shrimp and scallops and perfect crab cakes, with salad and mango guava dressing.
The only comment we would make is that watermelon was served with several of our meals where fruit was added. As no one liked watermelon that was left on our plates. A few strawberries or blueberries would have been nicer.
We ordered a plate of pumpkin pancakes with maple syrup and put them in the middle of the table for everyone. They are only served once a year and were delicious!
The service was excellent and we were not rushed out when we finished as we sat there talking for another half hour, quite happily,
We will return.

Reviewed October 7, 2013

I had the Latin shrimp, which was good, not great. My family seemed to enjoy their food. Nice wines. The live music was a nice touch, & the decor was tasteful. Prices were average ($15-20/lunch)

Reviewed September 16, 2013

On a recent trip to the Hamilton area for hockey, we eneded up in a hotel in Oakville and needed dinner at 9 PM on Saturday night. Walked in to Julia and got a table for five right off. We really like the ambiance and the menu. Food was excellent and fairly priced. Like everywhere in Canada, drinks are ridiculously overpriced. The waitress was suitable, but spilled a drink on my daughter, with nothing more than an apology. Would typically expect a complimentary drink, desert or something. Again we really enjoyed the menu and what we ordered and would highly recommend Julia.

Reviewed August 26, 2013

On a recent visit to Toronto area, we ate at this cute restaurant. The ambiance of the restaurant is quite charming. The patio is quite large and comfortable to sit on. They have a wide selection of Gluten Free choices. In all we ate 3 pasta dishes and each was very good. My Gnocchi was like my grandmother's, freshly made and topped with a simple but delicious tomato sauce. My friend ordered the Pasta with Mussels. She said that it was delicious and that the mussels were done just right. Her daughter ordered the Pasta with Chicken and substituted Gluten Free noodles. The Gluten Free noodles were very tasty. Service was ok, but not spectacular, we waited quite long for our food and there was no bread, or other diversion offerred. I am from the states and visit about once a year, but, would consider eating here again.

1  Thank J H