“Excellent Gelato”

Chocolate Alphabet & Casa del Gelato
Reviewed June 4, 2014

As recommended by a friend, we decided to trek out to Oakville. It was well worth the trek. The gentlemen was patient and accommodating. We tried several flavours before making a decision. We tried the Amaretto, Hazelnut, Cassis, Blood Orange and the Salted Caramel. By far the Blood Orange and the Amaretto were the best hands down. It's fresh, creamy and delightful.

1  Thank C W
There are newer reviews for Chocolate Alphabet & Casa del Gelato

Reviewed June 4, 2014

I adore this place! The 36 flavours of 100% natural gelato is great! I actually went to try another place that opened in town this spring, a chain gelato store. Wanted to try it. It is a free country after all. Oh my gosh, it is horrible! While in the lineup, there were other people trying it out too for the first time. They knew about Chocolate Alphabet and told me that they, like me, wanted to compare! The result? They were so disappointed that we have all been back since to apologize to the owners of Chocolate Alphabet for having done so. Nothing like a nice little shop wherein the owners make everything themselves, with natural ingredients. Keep up the great work!! We will definitely be back and back and back!! Love your French Macarons too! They are so lovely. Oakville has standards, and we are proud to show you off !! Thank you for being in Oakville.

2  Thank Judit M
Reviewed May 27, 2014

My Husband and I tried this Gelato place a few years ago and were so turned off by the rude service we received and the high cost, we hadn't gone back. We decided to give it another try last night and were delightfully surprised by the change. The price has seemingly gotten better over the years, and we were greeted by a friendly server who was very patient and kind. I got a regular cone with 2 scoops, one of the Milk Chocolate Fantasy and the other of the Chocolate noir. They were both delicious, but I especially liked the milk chocolate, which tasted exactly like a frosty from Wendys. My Husband got the Cookies and Cream and the Marshmellow in a regular cone, and they were both wonderful flavors (he even got an actual marshmellow on top of his). I've had the ferrero rochier before and I know that's a great flavor for people who love chocolate.

The lady who checked us out was also very kind and friendly. Our total ended up being about $10.00 for 2 regular cones with 2 large scoops each, and the flavors and quality are definitely worth it. We'll be going back for sure.

2  Thank Abigail M
Reviewed May 20, 2014

Sadly as they place more emphasis on non gelato items such as their chocolate a new, bright, modern gelato store on lakeshore has opened. I think this will accelerate the decline of Casa del Gelato as this is now a very tired location

Reviewed November 5, 2013

This place came out on top!
These were the best macarons I ever had. Brought these to a function and the lavender was a huge hit.
The shell, the crème, the consistency...everything was perfect.
Because Chocolate Alphabet & Casa del Gelato, the expectation is that I will be bringing macaron at every dinner, function, get-together, etc.

2  Thank Action_Jackson2