“Amazing Food, and a Fun Atomosphere”
Review of Bru Restaurant

Bru Restaurant
Ranked #48 of 485 Restaurants in Oakville
Cuisines: Canadian, Gastropub, Fusion
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Toronto, Canada
“Amazing Food, and a Fun Atomosphere”
Reviewed July 22, 2013

I went to Bru on Friday night with two friends for dinner. The space is really neat inside, very open with a rustic feel. Craft beers are offered on tap, we went with the Great Lakes Ale that the waitress recommended.. It was okay, I would probably try a different ale when I return since it wasn't completely my taste.

The food though - was amazing. The menu is quite small, and offers a variety of pub-type favourites. I had the Grilled Ham and Cheese, a grilled cheese sandwich, with ham and covered in melted cheese on thick cut toast. It was to die for. Another at our table had the bison burger, which was really good, and the fish and chips - which were okay. The fries that come with these entrees were really well done. The service was okay - similar with Maluca (Bru is owned by the same owners as Corks, Maluca and Seasons downtown Oakville), the service was a bit slow at times, and we had difficulty getting our bill in good time. Between three entress, and three pints, our bill came to $80 including tax and tip - not completely cheap, but it was well worth it from my perspective. Other than the service hiccups, I would really recommend checking out this place for the atmosphere and great comfort food alone, I can't wait to go back.

• Visited July 2013

oakville
“Nice atmosphere”
Reviewed July 1, 2013 via mobile

Just checked out Bru. Loved the decor. Very upscale and trendy.
Just had apps and beer. Very expensive for very small mediocre apps.Only micro Brewers sold here which I don't like.
Will be back ti check out rhe dinner menu.

• Visited June 2013
oakville
“Yuck!”
Reviewed January 11, 2012

Avoid this place!
Food is bad and overpriced. No atmosphere to speak of. It's always empty for a reason!

2 Thank likestoeat53
oakville, ontario
“Great people, great food, served with a smile in a friendly atmosphere”
Reviewed December 9, 2011

My wife and I had an anniversary dinner at Benvenuto tonight. The atmosphere was very relaxed, we had reservations, were made most welcome, had the menu explained including specials and were treated wonderfully. The main courses were excellent and served with a couple of changes we requested. Starters, dessert and cappuccinos were very tasty. The bill for two with wine reasonable. Some may view the service as a little slow but we enjoyed the rest between courses combined with the ability to talk and hear (not overwhelmed by loud music). We will be back to try a few of the others menu items.

• Visited December 2011