“The best place for lunch”

Artisano Bakery Cafe
Ranked #6 of 16 Bakeries in Oakville
Cuisines: Cafe, Canadian, Soups
Good for: Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Oakville
“The best place for lunch”
Reviewed August 4, 2013

This was a great place for lunch. When I go out for lunch with my girlfriends we always goes there. I love their salads and sandwiches and not to forget their soups. I love their coffee and theirs several to choose from. It's a bottomless cup thank goodness. This time of year I like Iced Tea and again it's on tap so you can have as much ice as you like and go back for seconds. It does get noisy at times. There isn't much in the way of acoustics to mute the noise. We have had our book club there a couple of times, however it was just too noisy. It's a popular place even after supper.

Visited July 2013

Toronto, Canada
“look out for the mice ! Stuart Little apparently lives here”
Reviewed July 11, 2013

I have been a frequent visitor to Artisano Cafe's and eat or get their coffee at the locations in Oakville, Burlington and Mississauga. I even have their points card.

My recent visit this morning to order a coffee was one that unfortunately, will not come back too any further. As I was standing waiting for the server making my coffee, a mice on the floor decided to pay us a visit and dash right across the floor. As you know, where there is one, there is many. And there is nothing worse than mice poop in your bread ! (I would check next time the seeds on the bread that they are flak seed and not mouse droppings if you decide to purchase a loaf !)

What even made it more disappointing is the fact that I had told the server about the mouse, which I know she saw, but denied it. Her response to me " a mouse, wow, ok, eeekkkk" with a sarcastic sense of humour.

Well, a lost for you. First call I made when I got home was to Halton Region Food Inspection and filed a complaint.

I will not be not returning to Artisano now, especially at the Oakville location. Panera Bread, hopefully, you will be just as good now.

Dissapointing really, Artisano, you should be ashamed.

• Visited July 2013