“Waitness missing in action”

Lone Star Texas Grill
Ranked #317 of 495 Restaurants in Oakville
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Reservations, Takeout
Description: Our famous fajitas are served up fresh - from the warm flour tortillas to the guacamole and the salsa. Wood fire grilled AAA steaks and smokehouse ribs are all prepared in the barbecue pit. Lone Star guarantees great food, warm southern hospitality, and a good time. We are Canada's only authentic Texas restaurant - the real deal...TEXAS to the BONE!
Reviewed September 10, 2013 via mobile

I think that I have been to this location about 50 times. Tonight I had I have to classify as a waitress missing in action. It was the first time ever that I had to ask for a refill. I must have been 1/2 hour before we saw the waitress. Food took awhile to get to our table with no waitress or manager in sight.

Lone Star T, Guest Relations Manager at Lone Star Texas Grill, responded to this reviewResponded November 20, 2013

Hi Andrew6123, very sorry to hear you waitress was "missing in action". Please contact me at scout@lstg.ca

Reviewed July 28, 2013

Have never been to a Lone Star before and it was excellent. We had no wait, polite and attentive servers. The food was amazing. We will definitely come again and bring friends/family. If you are looking for great food at a great price and a family friendly atmosphere we would recommend going to Lone Star.

Reviewed July 15, 2013

We visited this restaurant on dads day..this was our first visit.we had been told the beef taco saled were good by my daughter.so my husband ordered one as well as my daughter .she had to send hers back the taco was stale they did replace it ,my husband did not eat his taco shell ..the service was poor we had to ask for cutlery and waited awhile to get the bill.

Lone Star T, General Manager at Lone Star Texas Grill, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2013

Hi Doreen, thank you for providing us with feedback. I am sorry to hear your experience did not live up to our high Lone Star standards. Please email me at scout@lstg.ca

Reviewed June 15, 2013

This is not our usual location to eat at but we have been to this one maybe 5 times. I must say the Ancaster location is by far our favorite. Last nights visit lacked service and the salsa was off. The Salsa was still tasty but more mushy and the taste was slightly off with maybe more of one ingredient then the other. The nachos were less salty for my liking. No big deal because we polished them off anyways. My complaints for service started when we asked our waiter "Ace" for some more nachos. We joked with him that we needed more because we only come there to fill up on them. We had waited patiently as he served others and sung happy birthday to the table behind us. Another 5 more minutes passed when we realized he must have forgot so we mentioned to it to him again. The nachos finally arrived a few minutes later. When our meal arrived we had to ask again for the guacamole and the rice we asked for to replace the beans. The fajitas them self were fine as usual.
It's not that the service was terrible but just lacking last night. It didn't feel like" Ace" really wanted to please us and we were just another tip for him. We feel with so many choices of restaurants around you have to be on top of your game. Maybe this was just an off night but we will think twice now when we are in the area of visiting here.

Lone Star T, Public Relations Manager at Lone Star Texas Grill, responded to this reviewResponded June 16, 2013

Hi Cherrypits, very sorry to hear your experience at our Oakville location did not live up to our high Lone Star standards. If you would like to discuss this further, please contact me at scout@lstg.ca

Reviewed April 17, 2013

Service was good and the food was great too. Nice Texan/Mexican ambiance. Will definitely go back and try another menu, there are lots to choose from.