“Enjoyable Experience”

Dining options: Dinner, Buffet, Reservations
Toronto
“Enjoyable Experience”
Reviewed January 13, 2013

We went on a Thursday evening so it was quiet but not empty and a nice atmosphere. Food was very good and very well presented. Our waiter was very pleasant and had time to talk with each serving. Food dishes are sometimes brought to the table a few minutes apart but then it is a buffet and you don’t have to get up and fetch it yourself. Alcohol is pricey, but isn’t it everywhere? Not sure why they need multiple TV screens above the center consul. Leave that to the sports grills.

Oakville, Canada
“Spoon and Fork minus”
Reviewed January 11, 2013

WOW ... What a BAD experience.
13 for dinner (5 kids age 5-10 and 8 adults) for my son’s birthday party.
We were there at 5:45 and the restaurant was empty. Not like we were taking up “valuable space”.
They would not allow us to mix the All-you-can-eat and the a la carte menus. Once the supervisor came over he told us that me and my two older boys could move to another table to get the all-you-can-taste meal while others got the a la cart. What a joke. Then he said we could just sit at the end and move the tables apart. My wife thought he was joking, he was not.
OK this had gone far enough, so I asked to talk to the manager. The person I was talking to said the manager was not in and that he was just the afternoon manager and had no authority to “make exceptions”. He treated us like we were going to order 7 salads and one meal and share the food.
Well $21 for all you can eat for a 5 year old, or $16 for pasta (no kids options at all), and attitude...
We were happy to leave. The best part is that when we were leaving the women at the front informed me that this has been happening on a regular basis, and also that Joe was the manager, here 7 days a week. Not the owner but ran the restaurant (likely into the ground)
I guess he just sets the rules and doesn’t really want to take responsibility.
2 big issues:
You are in a plaza with a McDonalds and a Metro in a residential area, not Downtown Oakville. How do you expect to run a restaurant that makes their disdain for Kids and families with kids that obvious?
If you want to run an all you can eat then do so, if you want to run an a la cart then do so. If you choose to run both in the same place you need a better way than to say the entire group MUST order from the same menu. Don’t treat people like you think we are out to rip you off. A simple “No sharing please” would suffice very well.

In short stay away unless you like being treated like an ungrateful inconvenience.

One final comment this should not reflect on the excellent restaurant “Spoon and Fork” on Trafalgar.

Toronto, Ontario, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Terrible Takeaway”
Reviewed January 5, 2013

I ordered takeaway tonight and for the first ever took it back. The chilli chicken looked like chopped up nuggets that had shrivelled in the microwave. The pad thai was just a lump of noodles with minimun chicken in it. There are numerous resteraunts in the area that serve better food. Second time I have tried it, never again.

1 Thank Chuck B
pa
“Chinese ? Italian ? Indian ?”
Reviewed January 4, 2013

Recently had luch here. Our server Kent, was excellent, quick and explained items succinctly. Upon perusing the menu it had pasta, tandoori/neopolitan flatbread, butter chicken, escargot, it is hard to decipher which target market this restaurant is going for.
Appetizers - dry ribs - too hard ; crispy beef - so so; tempura basket, some items looked refried;
hot and sour soup, fair
Noodle - grilled chicken alfredo, yuk, pasta sauce no taste;
Grilled salmon- good; sweet and sour pork- too sweet; pineapple and japanese fried rice excellent; King Siam rice with italian sausage, again terrible; Please note that the main course is served with white rice, so if you do not want the rice you have to mention it to your server.
Sushi and sashimi, the same as the other spoon and forks
Watermelon and yellow tomato salad, good; so was the prosciutto and melon.
For the money and selection, I would still go to the Trafalgar location.
It did not appeal to me, too much food items, some bad, some good. It would be best if they had some consistency in the quality, taste and variety of the food.
WHy tamper with something that is already working in all their Spoon and Fork restaurants ?

Visited January 2013
Brampton, Canada
“OMG too much food!”
Reviewed December 16, 2012

Get ready to spend big on the all you can eat option (per person $32, tax incl.). Great food, it was too much food that a group of us had ordered but we sampled some tasty thai cuisine. Do it once or twice if you can afford it, I couldn't do it a second time any time soon because I'm unemployed. I went once and I would only go back if I was making some serious cash. It was expensive kids but yummie!

• Visited November 2012