“awesome food -- a bit pricey” 4 of 5 bubbles

The Gingerman Social Eatery
Ranked #30 of 474 Restaurants in Oakville
Cuisines: American, Bar, Canadian, Contemporary, Pub
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff
Oakville, Canada
“awesome food -- a bit pricey”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 8, 2014

Unique ingredients and presentation of food. Not the same ol' same ol' pub food. We found the prices a tad high but nothing that would prevent us from coming back.

Visited November 2013

Oakville, Canada
“Try the lobster grilled cheese sandwich”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 14, 2014

The lobster grill cheese lived up to its reputation. It was delicious. The portion was decent. The environment was comfortable and service was friendly.

• Visited February 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Burlington, Canada
“Wow! So glad we found this restaurant! No more Stoney's for us!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 24, 2014

We were loyal Stoney's patrons. We noticed it slipping a bit and found it stressful to find a seat etc, etc. that's the last thing I want to deal with after a busy work week! we decided to try this place which is across the street. We were not disappointed! Such a great relaxing atmosphere and we loved the open kitchen. Booths were comfortable and plenty of seating. Our server was wonderful and so informative. She had great suggestions and encouraged my husband to try the beer, soup etc before he made his selection. I had the veggie burger which was by far the best veggie burger I have ever had. I am not a vegetarian and I know the joy of a good hamburger but my veggie burger was out of this world. You could see the ingredients and knew exactly what you were eating..oats, beans, nuts,etc. it was perfect.
Everything is made from scratch here...which I appreciate. The Mexican soup was wonderful as was the bean soup- not too salty and tasted so fresh. They have a good selection for the kids and my daughter raved about her burger...said it was the second best burger after mine. : )

It is not cheap but the quality makes it worth it. We will be back!

• Visited January 2014
Burlington, Canada
“Decent burger... slowwwww service”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 29, 2013

Decent burger (the Flying Beaver) with sauteed mushrooms and onions, cheddar and peppercorn gravy. The place wasn't too busy at noon on a Saturday but it took forever to get a burger, two flatbreads, a breakfast sandwich and two kids meals. Pricey for what was served. Not really any reason to return based on the results and since Stoney's is right across the street.

• Visited December 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Don_Kovacs
Dublin, Ireland
“I go back for the same thing!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 23, 2013 via mobile

We used to live close by and being there many times.
I had different things to eat but my forever favourite is Lobster sandwich. Oh boy it's a joy to my tastebuds!