“Good teppanyaki but not worth the hour long wait”

K & B Sushi Oakville Centrum
Ranked #260 of 495 Restaurants in Oakville
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed November 8, 2013

We were a group of 8 out for Friday lunch and the restaurant was really busy. We opted for the a la carte menu over the all you can eat sushi which was our first mistake. People ordering all you can eat were getting served much faster than us.

Seven of us ordered teppanyaki which comes with soup and salad. Instead of salad, they brought us little dishes of seaweed. The server told us there was no more salad. One of the teppanyaki meals came out 20 minutes before the rest, which all took an hour to come out. The one guy who ordered sushi did not get his meal at all until we asked the manager. His food finally came out when the rest of us were almost done, and you could see the maki was falling apart because the rushed to make it.

We asked the manager at the end if the guy who ordered sushi would get his meal for free and he said they best he could give is 10% off. He said is was our decision if we chose not to come back. He basically wasn't bothered. I would not go back here and would not recommend to anyone.

1  Thank KamR23

Reviewed October 16, 2013

I have eaten at this place many times with my girl friend and for the most part it's been good. A small problem has alway been that the managers will limit some of the fish like tune to 2pc each person i think that is a joke infact most people don't even order it so if one person oders 3 or 4 wants the big deal today i was told that if you order sushi i must finish all the rice in this case they made large cakes of rice with thin fish they used to much rice and try to force you to eat everthing I could see if you were waisting fish but for 10 cents of rice come on!!! The main probelm here is the owners do not understand thier customers

1  Thank Mass2121
Reviewed August 26, 2013

I'm giving this restaurant 3/5 stars simply because if the service matched the quality of the food, then it would be a 5/5 restaurant in my opinion. Not sure what the factors could be, but every time I go there, service is slow and sometimes our orders get mixed up. Some of the waitresses are polite-friendly, while a few select ones have a downright look of annoyance on their face, like they'd rather not be there. Others speak minimal English, so it's usually just pointing at the menu book and repeating what we wish to order.

Last time, we waited almost 25 minutes before our food arrived, while a table nearby got theirs before us, and they had arrived later than we did. Not sure how that happened.

We usually go there for either all-you-can-eat lunch or dinner buffet, and while I am always satisfied with the food (a very good selection,- even better at dinner time-, no restrictions and all at a very reasonable price), the service makes me not want to go back.

Reviewed July 23, 2013

The food is really good. Each table is presented with a tablet to order your food, and once you select your order the waitress will come to you table and confirm everything, the service is quick, but some waitress don't understand English. We were there with friends, until they closed, but we lost track of time, that we didn't know the restaurant was closing, when the waiter came to the table and asked if everything is good, and we realized that staff was leaving, then we got up and left. The price is reasonable for the food, and how quick you receive everything. I would go back, this is the second time we have been there with friends, and the restaurant is modern and very nice.

Reviewed May 22, 2013

I have now been to the restaurant 3 times. My parents go frequently before or after seeing a movie (in the AMC movie plaza) and they have been very pleased with the value.

We live about 30 minutes west and so have another "all you can eat" sushi place we like to go to so I feel inclined to compare the two. K&B has amazing ambiance, especially for an all you can eat place! Our other place is really bright and lacks the feeling you'd like, particularly at dinner. The selection at K&B is excellent too! Lots of choices, nice small portions so you can try a little of everything. The food quality is okay. The first time I went, about 8 months ago, it was amazing. It was a little less amazing 2 months ago and even less amazing this week. Some of the sushi was so cold it almost seemed as though it hadn't fully thawed.

The big kicker that has me giving this place a 3 instead of a 4 is the service. The servers, other than the gentleman who seems to be a manager and I haven't had since the first experience here, are bum faced and miserable and you seem to be bothering them when you ask to add to your order or if multiple people at the table would like to place an order one after the other. They were slow to clear the table also.

Is the value still good, yes. However it's not nearly as good as it was a few months ago and the miserable faces are enough to keep me from making the drive to K&B.

1  Thank MeggOntario