“Wish I could offer 3.5 instead of just 3 or 4”

Crazy Sushi Oakville Centrum
Ranked #296 of 479 Restaurants in Oakville
Cuisines: Japanese, Sushi, Asian
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Ontario Canada
“Wish I could offer 3.5 instead of just 3 or 4”
Reviewed May 22, 2013

I have now been to the restaurant 3 times. My parents go frequently before or after seeing a movie (in the AMC movie plaza) and they have been very pleased with the value.

We live about 30 minutes west and so have another "all you can eat" sushi place we like to go to so I feel inclined to compare the two. K&B has amazing ambiance, especially for an all you can eat place! Our other place is really bright and lacks the feeling you'd like, particularly at dinner. The selection at K&B is excellent too! Lots of choices, nice small portions so you can try a little of everything. The food quality is okay. The first time I went, about 8 months ago, it was amazing. It was a little less amazing 2 months ago and even less amazing this week. Some of the sushi was so cold it almost seemed as though it hadn't fully thawed.

The big kicker that has me giving this place a 3 instead of a 4 is the service. The servers, other than the gentleman who seems to be a manager and I haven't had since the first experience here, are bum faced and miserable and you seem to be bothering them when you ask to add to your order or if multiple people at the table would like to place an order one after the other. They were slow to clear the table also.

Is the value still good, yes. However it's not nearly as good as it was a few months ago and the miserable faces are enough to keep me from making the drive to K&B.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank MeggOntario

“Could be better”
Reviewed April 20, 2013

I am becoming an usual at this restaurant.
As others already said, a smile could make it a better experience at this place. Don't expect a smile here.
So service is not that great. Some waitresses can't speak English, so they always call another waitress to take your orders.
Food is good. My kids love it. You can order as much as you want since you eat it all.
If you compare this to August 8, yes, August 8 has a better ambiance, but the food is very similiar. All made by chinese cooks.

• Visited April 2013
southern ontario
“A great experience”
Reviewed March 24, 2013

Myself and a group of about 25 adults had a birthday dinner party at this restaurant last night.
Everyone really enjoyed the experience.

We all had the $25 - all you can eat teppenyaki/sushi dinner. (10% discount if you pay cash)

While it must be over-whelming to serve a large group, the staff was patient, friendly and polite. They were also accomodating in letting us have a semi-private area and bring some decorations.

There are multiple items to order off the menu and it is like getting little tastes of all sorts of meat, vegetable and seafood items. There are many things that are cooked and some that are raw - your choice. If you like the little taste, ie you order the tempura shrimp and get 2 or 4, if you like it, you just order 2 or 4 more.

The food comes to the table about 10 mins after you order it, you try what you got (we did a lot of sharing), then order more. It is a leisurely pace, good for time to socialize between little food orders. Tea and choice of ice cream is included in the $25 price.

For many people in the group, it was their first teppenyaki dinner and they were all very pleasantly surprised. Everyone really enjoyed the food, the staff and the environment.

We would not hesitate to recommend this restaurant to others.

• Visited March 2013
Toronto, Canada
“I did not like this place”
Reviewed March 13, 2013

First of all service with a smile is not happening in this place. We had the teppanaki and while this is the style of cooking that is supposed to be show-like and entertaining it was far from it although I have to say the chef was trying his best however did not have the wow factor. I guess I have been spoiled eating at Benihana, if can you call that being spoiled, so comparing this place to Benihana it was very poor. The chicken they serve at the teppanaki table is chicken thigh, the cheap meat in my book and not white meat. I think they should say on their menu (chicken, $16, oh by the way it is the thigh not the breast) If I knew that I would have ordered the steak. They are also counting how many ice pieces go into a glass in this place...no joking. I asked for a soft drink and no ice came then I asked for a glass of ice and was looked at by th server that I had asked for a million dollars. I felt I was back in Europe where they ration their ice pieces. While this place looked clean, the food and service was poor and I would not return again as there are better places like my favorite Ichiban Sushi in Burlington; great prices, food and service. Mai Sushi is also very good in dwtn. Oakville however I do not like their service and their prices are too high for what you get. As you can see in my review there are other options so think twice before going here.

• Visited March 2013
Toronto, Canada
“There are better options out there...”
Reviewed February 2, 2013

We were a group of 7 who went for dinner on a Saturday night. The place is clean and decor is nice and location is great within the AMC plaza.

However, we had a number of concerns with this place. As one member of our group put it "their menu is for illustration only". The service here is poor and it takes a long long time for orders to come your way. We got here at 6pm, and by 8:30 we were still very hungry. Orders were arriving one or two rolls at a time (for a group of 7) spaced out by about 20 min intervals of waiting between the rolls. Portion sizes were also small relative to other sushi places in the GTA.

Really for $24.95 per person for dinner you could do a lot better elsewhere. Also, your dinner will probably take half as long.

1 Thank Hammer85