“Try the Onion Ring Tower”

The Works Gourmet Burger Bistro
Ranked #59 of 485 Restaurants in Oakville
Cuisines: American
Description: The WORKS Gourmet Burger Bistro is a full service, full licensed gourmet burger restaurant. With 8 different patties, 13 different sides, and 4 different bun options, we truly do have something for every guest to enjoy. Join us when you can to experience The World's Best Burgers, ice-cold beer, 100% Canadian hand-scooped shakes, and an exceptional dining experience.
Oakville, Canada
“Try the Onion Ring Tower”
Reviewed April 28, 2013

Fortunately during this visit we did not have to wait and were actually seated immediately. As expected the staff was courteous, efficient and very cheerful. There were four of us, and although the place got very busy quickly, at no time were we rushed, even though we clearly finished our meal and were simply talking. The burgers were good, although my "sgt. Pepper" could have been spicier. The selection is exhaustive. It is not the best burger I have tasted, and while somewhat on the pricey side, I have been to more expensive burger places where the food and atmosphere did not compete with the Works. However, the Onion Ring Tower must be tried. The onion rings were better then most I have tried, even those at the fancy and higher priced places. Maybe not the healthiest choice, but certainly worth the "guilty" conscience one may have afterwards. Crisp and firm, you do not need the choice of two dipping sauces that come with the order. They were so good that we had two orders, which could be a meal on its own. I over heard one guest at the near by table comment that they should change the name of the place to the "Onion Ring Tower" and make them the main feature. I will certainly be back to try them again.

• Visited April 2013

Waterdown, Canada
“Review for BURLINGTON location......”
Reviewed April 22, 2013

Very good Hamburgers and an insane amount of choices.
It's expensive for what it is -- but worth giving it a shot.
Staff was very friendly and accommodating.

Visited March 2013
“Pricey”
Reviewed April 19, 2013

I really like their burgers, but it is pricey.
Now that I am on Carbs diet, not going to this kind of place anymore.

They should include an Atkins kind of burger.
Instead of bread, chunks of american lettuce.

• Visited March 2013
Oakville, Canada
“A burger made to your liking, but expect to pay more”
Reviewed April 15, 2013

We have been to the works on three occasions, with a combination of both adults and kids. The topping selections are amazing, and I have enjoyed all of the burgers I have had. The kids enjoyed the children's menu, but especially the milk shakes. My daughter has a gluten allergy, and luckily enough, they have gluten free burgers! The one thing I have heard is if you are looking for a simple burger with just ketchup, mustard, etc - this is not the place for you. We have also tried the butter chicken poutine, the onion rings, and smoked meat poutine - and have enjoyed each item. The service is a bit slow, but you know that going in - the burgers are made for you, and take 20 minutes each. I have enjoyed the burgers with the roasted red peppers, avocado, brie cheese, bacon....and many other toppings. The average burger is $13.00 and comes with a small amount of fries. We usually upgrade to get a poutine instead of the fries. With a beer, you are looking at $25 per person, including tax and tip. The kids meals are in the $7-8 range, throw in a milkshake, and you are looking at $15-17 per child.

• Visited January 2013
GTA, Ontario
“Great selection for burger fans”
Reviewed April 8, 2013 via mobile

The burgers here are really good. I've tried a few of them as this is my 3rd visit. So far my favourite burger is "the sexy burger". The mix of pineapple and hot peppers makes a great flavour. The burgers could be a little juicier, and the service could be a little faster, but overall, I would come here again, and I would recommend this place.

• Visited April 2013