“It was OK for the one night we stayed.”

Fairfield Inn Toronto Oakville
Ranked #8 of 11 Hotels in Oakville
Princeton, New Jersey
“It was OK for the one night we stayed.”
Reviewed August 10, 2011

Needed an overnight stop and picked the Fairfield Inn Oakville as it is right next to the QEW. Check in was fast and the front desk clerk was friendly.

My son used the pool, which is on the small side with a maximum occupancy of 10. No towels available, another guest went to the front desk and came back with a stack of fresh towels.

The room size is adequate as is the bathroom. The room was clean although I did find a couple of strands of hair in the bathroom. The A/C is old, loud and hard to adjust.

Followed the sign to the vending machines (4th floor) only to discover that there were no machines, only 2 blue recycling bins? Breakfast was a bit on the sub-standard side in comparison to other Fairfield Inn properties. It appeared that items weren't being replenished. Also, the breakfast area is VERY tiny.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
BrianColes, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Toronto Oakville, responded to this review, August 12, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us.

I'm sorry that you did not enjoy your stay more. While we do our best, being a small hotel means some of our facilities aren't as large as our guests are used to. That said, the service and cleanliness issues you experienced, such as hair in the room and no towels at the pool, are not acceptable. We are always striving to improve the experience for all of our guests, and I will pay special attention to ensuring that these items are addressed, and that future guests do not experience similar issues.

I hope you will continue to consider the Fairfield Inn the next time you find yourself in Oakville!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Reviewed August 3, 2011

The past few times I have gone to Toronto I have stayed at the Fairfield inn. The location is right next to the QEW so it's a straight shot to downtown. The Hotel staff was friendly and helpful in answering questions about the area. The hotel has all the amenities I look for when on a trip (pool, exercise room, continenatal breakfast). Overall the hotel is a great place to stay and why I choose to come back every year.

• Stayed March 2011
BrianColes, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Toronto Oakville, responded to this review, August 5, 2011
Thank you so much for your kind review. We always do our best to ensure that our guests are satisfied with their stay, and we love it when a guest reaffirms the things we're doing right.

We look forward to continuing to host you on your future visits to the area!
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed July 31, 2011

Stayed there with family for one night. receptionist was not very friendly often she had a sign, which said be back momentarily. When try to use the lobby phone it connected to reception desk by default and the receptionist got upset. I told the lady that you need to fix the issue and not get upset with your guest. Interesting there was pledge hanging in the lobby to commit their services in excellence but the attitude contradicted.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
BrianColes, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Toronto Oakville, responded to this review, August 2, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at our property. We always appreciate all guest feedback, as it allows us to improve the experience for all of our guests.

I am truly sorry that you felt one of our team members did not live up to our standards. Our guests deserve nothing but the best from our entire team, and I will ensure that all of our employees continue to receive additional training to ensure that we better fulfill our promises to our guests in the future. I will be reaching out to you privately should you wish to discuss your experience further.

I hope that you will continue to consider the Fairfield Inn Toronto/Oakville in your future travels, as we would love a second chance to show you the service we're capable of.
Brockville, Canada
Reviewed June 21, 2011

Perfect hotel for what we needed. The location was not the best for walking to anything. But with the use of a vehicle you can get everywhere, quick and easy with the QEW being so close. Check in was fast and pleasant. The room was clean and spacious and the wall separation of bedroom and living area was great to have. Quaint, quiet and relaxing stay. Perfect!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Tayva
BrianColes, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Toronto Oakville, responded to this review, July 6, 2011
Thank you so much for your kind review! We always love to hear that our guests have been satisfied with their stay. I'll be certain to pass your comments along to the entire team.

I hope you'll visit us again the next time you find yourself in the Oakville area!
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed December 15, 2010

My husband and I stayed overnight at the Fairfield Inn to avoid travelling back and forth to Toronto following a Christmas party. A very special mention to Scott at the front desk who made us feel so welcome, he found toiletry items for me that I had forgotten from home and arranged a free shuttle to our party. Just before we were to depart for our party Scott came to our room to tell us that the shuttle driver was not available afterall but had arranged for a taxi, courtesy of the Fairfield Inn. Our room and bathroom were very clean. The beds were comfortable as were the linens and pillows. There was a mini fridge. I really appreciated the local tv listing to help find favourite tv shows. The free deluxe continental breakfast was a bonus. They have a great little pool. There is a Tim Horton's/Wendy's in walking distance. This hotel is a great value, great location and have great staff.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
Livonia, Michigan
Reviewed August 20, 2010

This is probably the best hotel I've stayed at in Oakville. The rooms are a little better than others. The hotel staff is friendly; although I've had really good staffs in some hotels near by. The rooms are brighter than the other hotels I've stayed at, and the beds are good. There are good places to eat within a 1/2 mile, and there is a Wendy's right next door. (Jack Astors is a good place to get a burger and beer after a long day.) The main complaints I have are the same as every hotel I've stayed at in Oakville: There are no flat panel tv's in the standard rooms. If you're used to traveling in the States, you expect hotels that cost more the $100 have a nice tv. Overall, this hotel is a level above all other hotel chains in Oakville.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed August 11, 2010

We were planning to visit Toronto and Niagara falls over the weekend. Initially we were debating if how many days we should stay in Toronto and Niagara but hubby suggested that we stay in btw to avoid hassle of moving hotels. Turn out to be a great great choice. It was such a pleasant stay. Staff were friendly, room spacious, free parking, cosy breakfast and very easily accessible. We drive abt an hour to Niagara and abt 30 mins to Toronto and with such drive, you can stop by nice parks along the way. The bathroom was also v clean and big. We also avoided having to stay in crowded areas. At USD95 per night, its a steal!

Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Oakville
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Oakville, ON
Hilton Garden Inn Toronto/Oakville
Homewood Suites by Hilton Toronto-Oakville
Holiday Inn Oakville Centre
Hampton Inn Toronto - Mississauga West
Sandman Hotel Oakville
Sandman Hotel Oakville
#1 of 11 in Oakville

Been to Fairfield Inn Toronto Oakville? Share your experiences!