“You better go hungry” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Mo's Family Restaurant

Mo's Family Restaurant
Ranked #27 of 474 Restaurants in Oakville
Cuisines: American, Canadian
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Families with children, Kids, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“You better go hungry”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2013 via mobile

Because the portions are HUGE! I'm a big eater, but still take home half the meal. The brunch is great, and I've liked everything I've tried. The service is a little slow, so don't go inn a hurry, but everyone is friendly

• Visited April 2013

Oakville, Canada
“Hugh Portions To Eat”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 11, 2013

Eat here with an intern staff reporter from the North Oakville Today newspaper. Was told alot of the staff from the Oakville Beaver eat here constantly. Besides having a large selection of their menu to chose from, the food portions are hugh. Service was fine and the prices reasonable.

• Visited August 2012
Oakville
“Worth it!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2013

I love this place! The food is amazing, went there for breakfast. You can't beat the value! This place really has a "family" atmosphere. Maybe not the most fancy or the most attentive wait staff, but it just goes with the feel of the place.

• Visited April 2013
Oakville, Canada
“Tasty food,horrible service-won't go back!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 21, 2013

I was extremely dissappointed with my most recent visit to Mo's and will not be returning! We were greeted by a friendly lady who seated us and told us our server would be over shortly. We ordered drinks and looked over the extensive menu. It had been awhile since I last ate at Mo's and I was pleasantly surprised at the many new additions to their menu. They had everything from standard sandwiches to paninis and wraps. They even had smoked salmon as an appetizer which is difficult to find in most restaurants. If you can't find something good to eat at Mo's, you aren't trying hard enough or you are a very picky eater. I had no complaints with the food.

After much deliberation I chose the California Chicken Wrap with soup. I didn't want the chicken noodle soup so I asked for the French Onion Soup. My dining companion ordered the Smoked Salmon Appetizer and was greeted with a curious look by our server. This made us uncomfortable. The food came out fairly quickly and the portions were large. I knew this from previous visits to Mo's but was still surprised by the amount of food. While we were eating, our server never came over to ask how our meal was and she did not ask me if I wanted a refill on my soft drink at all. This complete lack of attention to our needs as a customer is appalling and is one of the many reasons we will not be back. I have dined in many restaurants and these duties are basic customer service which she did not fulfill.

At the end of our meal my companion asked for his food to go and she left to go pack it up. Upon her return she brought my companions packed up food and an empty container for me which I didn't see at the time. I asked for my food to be packed up to go and she rudely pointed at the container and disappeared not to be seen again. Perhaps it was the end of her shift. However, in other restaurants that I have been to the server has explained it was the end of their shift and somebody else would be looking after us after she left. Not so here. I had saved room for dessert and was ready to order. My companion had to flag down another server as ours had disappeared. The same thing happened when we were ready to pay our bill. We had to chase down someone other than our server for bill. This is very frustrating and unprofessional.

I was confused when I received my bill and there was an item called open food with a price attached to it. What the heck is this? At the cash it was explained to me that the soup that I thought came with my meal was an extra charge. At no point did the server explain this. I might have chose diffferently had I known that. Based on these cumulative negative experiences I chose to tip nothing.

• Visited March 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank margaritaville2011
Mississauga, Canada
“Great Sunday Breakfast -- service a bit slow”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2013

Much better than average brunch spot. Huge portions at normal prices. Hashbrowns were homemade. Your coffee comes with an extra carafe, so didn't have to wait for refills, which was good, because service was slower than average: not slow enough to put me off, but slow enough to be a bit irritating. Food was very good, though. I'd go back.

• Visited February 2013