Monte Carlo Inn Oakville Suites
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Halton Motel(Mississauga)
View Hotel
All reviewscontinental breakfastbagelsonsite restaurantgo trainclean roomsa great staylate checkfridge and microwavestayed for one nightvisiting familyfresh fruiteasy accesslubamaidbusinessqewrates
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 4, 2011

My husband any myself had reason to stay here recently...we had to attend my step-mom's funeral. I was very happy with the cleanliness of the room, breakfast was better than expected and was quite happy overall. We stayed for 4 nites, on the second last morning we went to breakfast fairly early. Hadn't gone out for the day yet, when we got back to our room a $5.00 bill that was on the microwave stand was gone. It had been there, folded neatly in half overnite and I hadn't put in back in my pocket while we went to breakfast. Came bacfk and it's gone, and the room has been made up. We searched every pocket, wallets, furniture drawers just to be sure. May not be a fortune gone missing, but it's the principal of it all. Didn't realize until we stepped out of the room to leave for the day, the maid was cleaning the next room, so must have overheard us through the wall. Had a few words with her as we were leaving, why we were in town, nice weather, that sort of thing. When we arrived home after about 7:30 in the evening, we see a crumpled $5.00 bill right on the spot where it had sat neatly folded the previous nite. Pretty coincidental that it was gone in the morning while we ate and the room had been made up, then after a day out, a crumpled bill is lying there waiting for us. Seems like someone had a conscience after overhearing our discussion about it and put it back after we left for the day. i do happen to know which cleaning staff took the bill as well, I remember her telling me a little about herself.....and the East Coast of Canada.

I would not hestitate to stay here again next time I'm in Oakville, but would not leave money laying about....would use to room safe again...just never thought I'd have to while we were at breakfast.....just be aware people.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank BUSYBEE047
Reviewed December 9, 2010

We stayed here for 1 night and thank goodness it was only one night! THe room was smelly and damp feeling. THe front desk staff were less then pleasant. Only positive thing was the location.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank JasonandJennifer
Reviewed November 17, 2010

Stayed at this Monte Carlo Inn after staying at the one in Barrie.

Improvement over the Barrie location: Actual high speed internet! Aside from that, the rooms were pretty much the same.

Pros: No grumpy people on staff. Clean rooms, no bedbugs, quiet despite all the children staying at the hotel that week. Decent location, with lots of food options nearby.

Cons: Same noisy bathroom exhaust, with no way to shut it off and still have the light on. That meant there were no stealth bathroom trips in the middle of the night, unless I wanted to wake everyone up. The free breakfast had only the most meager options available, and there was no hot breakfast upgrade like the Barrie location. No dairy alternatives for your coffee if you're lactose intolerant; although, the rooms all have fridges and there's a Whole Foods nearby. So you can bring your own.

Nice clean place. The friendly staff would keep me coming back.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed September 1, 2010

We stayed for one night and found this hotel to be reasonably priced.
Our room was clean and quiet. Only one queen size bed in room which
was OK but used to king size. Staff were very quiet and reserved.
I would stay again if the occasion arose.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 20, 2010

this was my first stay at the oakille location as I have stayed at the other monte carlo chains and always enjoyed my stay immensly. Oakville now is my place of Haven. its a cozy, gem right off the highway which has so much character and warmth. The suite I stayed in was wonderful and the staff was excellent. Nothing but smiles and greetings every time I entered or walked by. Now this is what I call Great Customer Service. It really seems that everyone enjoys their work. Breakfast (loved it) especially that it is free, great wireless speed for my work and great lighting in the rooms. Bravo to you all at Oakville, I will be back and spread to the word to my colleagues.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled on business