“For take-out burgers, pretty good.”
Review of South St. Burger

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
South St. Burger
Ranked #123 of 495 Restaurants in Oakville
Description: Premium Angus Beef and Fresh Cut Fries. Our fresh, 100% Angus beef patties are free of additives and preservatives, flame grilled to order on a char-broiled grill and served on a bakery fresh bun. Our famous fresh cut New York style fries and poutine cooked in sunflower oil and made to order. Over thirty toppings!! Better burgers, fries, shakes.
Reviewed August 1, 2013

Popped in here with the family. Everyone seemed to enjoy their burger - but we agreed that it's really just a tiny step above a harveys. The burgers were tasty and had a good selection of toppings & sauces.

The sides were a bit oily. I've had better NY fries in the mall locations. Same goes for the onion rings.

The place was clean & well let and the staff were friendly. No complaints.

Overall, not bad. I wouldn't make a special trip out of my way to go back, but if friends or family wanted to eat here, I wouldn't object.

Reviewed January 21, 2013

Great and unusual topping selections. Really enjoyed my burger! - of course, some people may be put off by the fact that they do serve their meat a little pink on the inside. (they write about this service style on their placemats - on the tray). it does meet health standards, because they do watch the cooking temp. If you want a well-done burger - be sure to order it that way.

Reviewed November 30, 2012

Had a coupon so went in to try them and will DEFINITELY be back, coupon or not!! I had the chicken sandwich and it is simply just that a think boneless skinless chicken breast grilled perfectly. they have some AWESOME toppings that will not find anywhere else... I had guacamole, mango chutney, garlic mayo and lots of vegetables!! INSANELY good!!! My husband had the veggie burger and it was super tasty as well. Lots of fun cheeses and sauces and toppings. Nice large portions makes it a hearty delicious meal!!

Reviewed November 16, 2012

The burgers are great and they are high quality. The onion rings are second only to the shakes - made from real ice cream. Its a fast and easy place to grab a bite - NY fries is the owner I beleive so taste and quality are big concerns

Reviewed October 27, 2012

South Street Burger Co. opened near my home in Oakville not too long ago, and became 'one of those places I ought to try sometime' in my mind. But what a disappointment. There is nothing special about this burger place, unless you count a couple different kinds of mayonaise special. The burger patties are fairly big, and taste good, and there is a variety of toppings, but there is absolutely nothing that sets this place apart from anywhere else, and I've had better burgers elsewhere. The only exception might be their fries--New York Fries--but then those franchises already existed, and didn't need the addition of mediocre burgers.

The decor of the place is supposed to be sort of like a factory, I guess... it's very bare, cold, and unappealing.

For what it is (and especially for the hype of what it looks like it should be) the food is overpriced. Next time I need a burger fix, I am going to Lick's, which is better quality, and has more flavour, character, and in my opinion worth the money spent.

I will not be wasting any more money at South Street Burger Co.