Open today: 9:00 AM - 7:00 PM
Review Highlights
Great experience

Great place to visit for kids horse riding and also for adults....Clean area with plenty of parking... read more

Reviewed yesterday
Mukarram75
via mobile
Best Place for a Fall Trail ride!

The best place in Southern Ontario for a trail ride! The horses are sweet and know their jobs well... read more

Reviewed yesterday

from $184.87
from $143.87
from $74.30
More Info
All reviews horseback riding beautiful horses experienced riders well taken care pony rides trail guide amazing experience nice ride love horses hour ride enjoyable ride wooded area staff was very friendly whole group took pictures the barn this past weekend
Selected filters
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Great atmosphere good instructors they pair you with horses that match you >:P mine was lip a Clydesdale named Lip was fun and would definitely do it again!!

Date of experience: September 2019
Vacation819256, Manager at The Ranch, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Hello Matt,

We're happy to hear you enjoyed your outing on Lip! We hope to see you again!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We have been going to The Ranch for years. it is a well run ranch and the horses are gorgeous. The scenery is so nice...can't wait for the leaves to start changing colors!

Hello,

Thank you for your kind words! The Fall colors are slowly starting to peek out!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I first went to The Ranch in 2017 and have gone back every year since. The horses and guides are great, tours are on time and they take your photos for free. The trail is nice going from the fields into a wooded area for some variety in scenery. I find it to be a a nice relaxing experience.

Date of experience: July 2019

Hello,

First of all, thank you for making your trail riding experiences an annual event. We're happy to hear that you have enjoyed the horses, guides, and scenery enough to continue to come out!

Hope to see you soon!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

The staff was very knowledgeable and friendly! I am an experienced horsewoman, but was accompanying my husband and a friend, who are newbies. Horses seem healthy and well cared for, and while I wish there was a bit more than walking, I had no worries that my guests would be anything but fine

Hello Janet,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at The Ranch. We're happy to hear that you felt your guests were in capable hands.

While our trail rides do cater to beginner riders we do realize they can be a little underwhelming for more experienced riders. We do have a membership program available for more advanced riders which ultimately leads to individuals being able to take horses out independently.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We had an amazing time at The Ranch! Thank you so much for this wonderful experience! This was my second time riding in my life and I was a bit nervous, but the ride was so well organized and guided that I really enjoyed this adventure.

You need to arrive at least half an hour before the ride for briefing where the Ranch staff provide instructions on how to guide the horses and the basic skills. They were very friendly, patient and professional. They then select a horse for you based on your size. I had a lovely beautiful gentle Miley, she was so well trained, followed the instructions and the riders in front of her without even being told and I feel like we really connected! We then proceeded on our ride in a single file - mostly a gentle walk, but a few "throttles" as well. They have huge beautiful territory so we went through fields and meadows and the woods. The ride lasted exactly an hour. The staff did a really good job guiding us and taking pictures throughout the ride. I have beautiful shots to share and remember the experience by! I would definitely do it again and recommend to everyone I know!

One minor feedback: I would suggest more staff to assist with "disembarkment" after the ride. My horse followed the horse before her into the barn while I was still seated: I wasn't sure how to get off on my own and didn't react fast enough to stop her.

Hello Natalia,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a comprehensive review! We're happy to hear you had such a relaxing experience on Miley. We do emphasize the importance of matching our riders up with suitable mounts for their trail experience.

Thank you for the suggestion about the end of the trail ride, we are always looking for ways to make these experiences more enjoyable! Hope to see you again!