“Bad experience with Exotic Car Tours”
Review of GTA Exotics

and up
Toronto Exotic Car Test Drive
Ranked #2 of 6 Tours in Oakville
More attraction details
Owner description: Exotic car tours offers dream car experiences at Toronto Motorsports race track(Cayuga). Race your favorite car full out on a 3km track. Exotic car country tours are also offered for 2hrs driving 3 different cars OR 5 hr tours driving 7 different cars. the experience is truly epic and is incredible value. 1/2 hour highway test drives are very popular and fit anyone's budget. how many people can say they drove a Lamborghini. join the club.
Mississauga
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Bad experience with Exotic Car Tours”
Reviewed July 22, 2013

I bought my dad a 3-lap test drive for his birthday. We arrived at the Toronto Motorsports Park 35 mins before our scheduled testdrive time to find that the gate was closed and there were lots of trailer trucks parked outside, blocking our way in. I tried calling the number posted on their website numerous times, but no one picked up the phone. I was really worried that the place was closed or the test-drive was being re-scheduled without notice..
Then I tried calling the Toronto Motorsport Park and somebody picked up the phone. She told me that the booking for Racingbox has been rescheduled and that I should get a notice via email. I told her I came for Exotic Car Tours and she keeps telling me that there is no bookings for them.. She sounded confused too, and I insisted her to double check because I did not get any notice whatsoever. She put me on hold for a few more minutes and she finally said sorry, yes Exotic Car Tours are here today..So somebody opened the gate for us (after waiting a few more minutes and trying to squeeze in between the trailer trucks).
We literally ran to where the crews are, and I managed to find the owner/manager. I apologized that we were late (about 5 mins over the scheduled time) and told her what happened. But she was being EXTREMELY RUDE and disrespectful to us and she doesn't seem to care about anything that I said. But finally she agrees that my dad can do a quick 3-laps with a car that wasn't his pick (we did not even see the F430 that I booked for my dad). She asked how may laps, how I booked, and how much I paid (...don't you have it in file???)
Thankfully, her crew was very helpful and we were happy to be assisted by them. My dad got to do a quick 3-laps (with no discovery laps - which was understandable as they were rushing to packed up and go home) and he was happy to have that once-in-a-lifetime experience driving an exotic car.

IN SHORT - great crew members, terrible owner/manager attitude, bad communication with the Toronto Motorsports Park. WILL NOT GO BACK.

Visited July 2013
10 Thank se114
waytoomuchfun, Manager at GTA Exotics, responded to this review, July 26, 2013
dear valued customer.
the person whom you spoke with was not from our company and was the management of the race track so for that we apologise however you showed up 1 hr 35 mins late and you picked the last appointment of the day so when you arrived the park was closed to the public (as you acknowledged). you managed to get into the park but at that time 80% of our staff and cars were already gone with our paperwork. you did not even have a gift card or reciept showing what you paid for so we could not verify you. at that time the track was closed to us for a private event and we bribed the management to put them on hold and put you out as quickly as possible which is why you did not get the discovery laps. to be honest your very luck to even have got on the track and we did everything possible to accomodate you. im sure if you arrived organized and on time you would have given the experience 5 stars.

Brampton, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Once in a lifetime experience, such friendly staff!”
Reviewed July 4, 2013

Stewart and his team were not only professional, but they were very friendly and courteous. Driving these cars truly is a once in a lifetime experience, I had the opportunity to drive the F430 and the Ariel Atom - both beasts on the track. His staff gave you excellent pointers throughout the drive, and they were all very knowledgeable. I very likely will be going back to test out the other beautiful cars, especially at the guidance of Exotic Car Tours, thanks for the truly excellent experience!

1 Thank youradversary
exoticcartour, Manager at GTA Exotics, responded to this review, July 5, 2013
thank you for the message. hopefully it is not a once in a lifetime experience and we see you again.
Niagara
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Disappointing if your an experienced driver”
Reviewed June 28, 2013

First off the positive's, the cars were nice, some exotics, they were clean and ran well enough from what I could see, there was a lot of people there (I was told over 300 people that day) I drove a Viper for 2 laps, one purchased and one "free" lap. (Not cheap, but what is these days)
Now for the negative. The track was not advertised clearly as a "training track", the coupon leads you to think your at the Canadian tire racetrack! I voiced a concern before driving that it was not the race track, the staff or owner of the company (not sure) didn't offer much in the way of explanation other than "it was in the Groupon." Well I was there with the BIL and drove over 200km so I wasn't going to say much.
I had a very disappointing ride stuck behind the police chase car that I was chasing cause he was going too slow, so I asked for a partial refund or some sort of satisfaction by email afterwards and was basically told because I didn't complain after the first lap they wouldn't do anything for me. I emailed back to defend my points but never received a discount or any other response. The point, Basically if you are not an advanced driver or you just want to sit in a fast car but not go fast this track opportunity could be for you. If not, don't bother, and don't expect them to stand behind their 100% guarantee that's advertised. I didn't get, and apparently have no recourse except comment.

Visited April 2013
2 Thank D B
waytoomuchfun, Manager at GTA Exotics, responded to this review, December 9, 2013
we created our track day from experience from other companies. we found you were not allowed to pass and the tracks we super short (usually around 1.8km) so we allow passing and run the largest track configurations compared to our competition all over North America. during the instruction we specifically state we allow passing and if you were driving a 500hp sports car and experienced as you state you could have easily passed a car with half the power. we get all kinds of people from no experience to lots. our instructor should have asked for your abilities. i garantee you if you put the peddle to the medal you could pass anyone you want and you would have a grin from ear to ear. I wish you had spoken up at the track if you were not satisified so we could have verified everything and offer you extra laps or whatever. we try to make everyone happy. thanks for coming out and hope to see you again.
Toronto, Canada
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“A ridiculous amount of fun.....”
Reviewed June 27, 2013

I bought my husband a 7 exotic car tour for his birthday and he wanted me to share in the experience so he bought me a tour as well. I'm so glad he did. The tour was 5 hours of driving 7 beautiful cars on a really great route with winding roads and straight aways. The route allowed for opportunities to open the car up (as much as possible within a controlled environment) and get a feel of what these cars of made of. My husband and I were very impressed with the whole operation from check in to how organized the tour was during the entire 5 hours. Stu and one of his guys are on bikes during the tour flanking front and back and keep things moving along and directing us through stop signs and traffic lights. These guys really know what they're doing. My husband is a car guy and this was a dream come true for him to be able to drive these amazing cars. He was like a little kid in a candy shop and was smiling from ear to ear the entire time. I'm not a real "car" person, but after this experience I've got a new appreciation for these machines. Excellent experience and would definitely recommend Exotic Car Tours. We'll definitely do this again!

waytoomuchfun, Manager at GTA Exotics, responded to this review, July 2, 2013
thank you for coming out and making it an enjoyable day. hope to see you soon.
Burlington, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“A mixed bag”
Reviewed June 26, 2013

The people who worked there were fine and the actual track time was super good fun, but it's just too much $$$$$ for what you get. My entire track time was under 10 minutes and the extra laps were super pricey for the 2 minutes they last. While the staff seemed nice, the venue was poorly organized, no signs to tell us where to go, or what order to do things in, and no one seemed to be in charge.

It was a Father's Day present, it was very cool, but I'd never pay full rate for it. Even with the Travel Zoo we bought, by the time you add the sales taxes due at the track, maybe it's a "once every 5 years" treat.

waytoomuchfun, Manager at GTA Exotics, responded to this review, July 2, 2013
thank you for coming out to our track day. prior to your day we send out a detailed email with instructions as we are unable to erect signs at the track. i agree Motorsports especially with exotics is no cheap day but hopefully you got the idea of expenses we have to deal with. hope to see you soon.