“I won't return.”

Cuisines: French
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed May 12, 2013

Poor service, mediocre food and high prices aren't a good combination in a town like Oakville where there are so many other options. It took far too long to get our food, and the unfriendly staff seemed to rather be standing around chatting with each other than preparing our order. The food was okay but nothing special which is too bad because if it had been delicious it may have made up a bit for the lousy service. Also, the place was so noisy that we couldn't even have a conversation when we finally did sit down and get our food.

Since I was there, I've heard similar stories from so many other Oakville friends, in addition to the fact that the male proprietor is extremely rude. I'm actually surprised that they've lasted this long. As an Oakville resident for 28 years, I don't know anyone who has gone more than once.

4  Thank jacksonToronto

Reviewed January 24, 2013

I live in North Carolina and visit Canada at least 3 times a year - on my last visit I tried The Crepe Kitchen and it was outstanding...the atmosphere is quaint and warm, the service was great but none of that matters if the food isn't - I had the Mediterranean Crepe and it was excellent - also loved the french press coffee! I will be visiting every time I am in the area!
Lisa

2  Thank Lisa55555
Reviewed January 22, 2013

For me, crepes are more of a breakfast item, so I was interested to try the different varieties offered at this cafe. We ordered the Caprese with prosciutto, and the Mediterranean, and shared them. The Caprese was definitely the better of the two... with more flavor and ingredients, it also seemed like a better value. The side salad was a tad overdressed. The pressed coffee was pricey. The atmosphere is quaint and casual. I would have preferred someone actually come to the table to take our order, rather than stand at the counter cafeteria style to put in your order. I would probably try it again.

Reviewed December 24, 2012 via mobile

I go to the crepe kitchen often just to get the memory of Paris! The atmosphere is very French - a petite restaurant that is usually busy with the nicest people! The service is a tad bit slow, but that is because of the whole popularity factor, which means a lot of people need to be served. I recommend the farmer's pick - the chorizo sausage and maple syrup go perfect together and believe me the price is worth it. And the french press coffee - I am beyond impressed. This restaurant is perfection at its finest. Never fails to remind me of my favourite place in the whole wide world - France.

1  Thank MadiParadkar
Reviewed December 11, 2012

We stopped in for lunch while shopping and found the experience lacking. The sandwich was plenty large and tasted good. However, the balance in meat and cheese was not quite there. The hot chocolate was overpriced and far from premium. If you are going to charge 'boutique' prices, you need to deliver better quality.

1  Thank LesandMarilyn